REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: What are you listening to at the present? (genres helpfu

by REPO Man Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:25 am

Did you even click the link?
marurun

by marurun Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:50 am

REPO Man wrote:Did you even click the link?

No, I don’t wanna get Rick Rolled!
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:33 am

It's not a Rick Roll.

Sweetheart I'm serious. Just like a heart attack.
marurun

by marurun Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:45 am

I'll let someone else click it first and tell me about it. Until I have independent verification, it's a Rick Roll.

As to what I've been listening to, I was discussing Liquid Tension Experiment with a friend. I have heard some of it before but didn't own the albums. Well, that friend was visiting from out of town and I had taken a couple days off, so I was showing him Cleveland. We went to the Cleveland Public Library and happened to pop into the gift shop where they were selling some used and donated books and CDs (COVID meant a lot of materials were being cycled out more rapidly and library donations that aren't deemed needed for the stacks are sold to support libraries), and I saw Liquid Tension Experiment, Liquid Tension Experiment 2, and LTE Live, all new and still wrapped. I bought them for $2 each, that and a GnR greatest hits album. So that's been in rotation laterly.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:54 am

marurun wrote:I'll let someone else click it first and tell me about it. Until I have independent verification, it's a Rick Roll.

As to what I've been listening to, I was discussing Liquid Tension Experiment with a friend. I have heard some of it before but didn't own the albums. Well, that friend was visiting from out of town and I had taken a couple days off, so I was showing him Cleveland. We went to the Cleveland Public Library and happened to pop into the gift shop where they were selling some used and donated books and CDs (COVID meant a lot of materials were being cycled out more rapidly and library donations that aren't deemed needed for the stacks are sold to support libraries), and I saw Liquid Tension Experiment, Liquid Tension Experiment 2, and LTE Live, all new and still wrapped. I bought them for $2 each, that and a GnR greatest hits album. So that's been in rotation laterly.

It's not a rickroll.

The problem with a GnR hits album is that every freaking song on Appetite is gold. I just wish they only had released a single album for Use Your Illusion, getting rid of a few of the not-so-great songs on there instead.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:01 pm

What'd you think, o.pwuaioc?
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:44 pm

Anapan wrote:TIL McGruff the Crime Dog released an anti-drug album on cassette in 1984 and it has surprisingly high production values.
https://youtu.be/y4P4plYXKFE
Spoofs of New Order and Steely Dan and some good Roland DX7 80s pop. Love the inhalants song.

This is amazing for samples, thank you for posting this.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:33 pm

Of course a mix of chamber music and screamo exists. The biggest gimmick but it somehow works

https://loremipsumtrio.bandcamp.com/track/damocl-s
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:29 am

Pantera's "Forever Tonight", which totally reminds me of the kind of metal songs you'd hear in mid-to-late '80s slasher movies.

Also the soundtrack to the forthcoming film adaptation of "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" dropped yesterday.

EDIT: So far, my fave tracks from the ETAJ soundtrack are "This Was Me", a new song for the film that is sung by the character of Hugo and Frankie Goes To Hollywood's Holly Johnson that seems to replace one of my favorite songs from the original stage show ("The Legend of Loco Chanel"), and "Werk Girl", a bombastic pop song from performer Todrick Hall that doesn't seem to be a musical number.
Syndicate
32-bit

by Syndicate Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:41 pm

...I'm supposed to be working on a paper (just a quick break), I have the Ecco the Dolphin (Sega CD) OST playing as my music to work to.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever