Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

by REPO Man Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:09 am

Watched the 1997 slasher film Uncle Sam, which definitely came out at the wrong time.

The I watched Friday the 13th Parts 7 and 8 while playing the Virtual Cabin mode on the Switch version of Friday the 13th: The Game.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:36 pm

Last night I watched Scary Movie and a few nights ago watched Wes Craven's New Nightmare.
marurun

by marurun Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:11 pm

I finally got around to watching Minority Report. I'm familiar with Dick's story but hadn't watched the film. It was better than I expected, to be honest. I like what it did with Dick's material. The movie is definitely a better overall treatment due, in part, to Dick having an annoying (IMO) writing style. That said, I do like the specific ideas and details better in Dick's story than in the movie. The movie gets a little too twisty, bringing up the minority reports and then not really exploring that and instead being a basic conspiracy thriller. I feel like it could have been just as good a film sticking more closely to PKD's original story beats.
In the short story the minority report is an anomaly that occurs in the delay between the procogs issuing their visions. The main character sees the vision of 2 precogs that he will kill someone right away, realizes what will happen, and only then does the third precog issue dissenting vision, the minority report, which is now different because it reflects the main character's state after realizing what he will do and being force to reckon with it and thus change his future state.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:23 am

Last night I rewatched Beavis and Butthead Do the Universe. Still funny, though the fact that, like the revival series, the movie has a more realistic art style for the new characters that is quite jarring when compared to the classic characters drawn in the classic style.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:56 pm

Last night I watched Rob Zombie's The Munsters reboot and thought it was good but considering his love for the classic series one would expect better. Hopefully we get a sequel that gives us a more coherent story, since this came off more as a marathon of episodes from a nonexistent series.
opa
128-bit

by opa Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:29 pm

Repo, what's your fav horror flick?
Limewater
Next-Gen

by Limewater Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:02 pm

I'm not REPO, but anyone who gives an answer other than "Troll 2" is virtue signaling.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:01 pm

opa wrote:Repo, what's your fav horror flick?

I don't really have A favorite, but there are films I keep coming back to. I'm partial to slasher films, '70s/'80s Italian horror, retro splatterpunk, Lovecraftian horror, horror musicals and in general the strange and unusual. My username is a reference to one of my favorite horror musicals, REPO! The Genetic Opera. Think Saw meets Blade Runner but it's an opera combining Wagnerian and industrial musical styles.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:56 am

After getting into Evil Dead: The Game recently I decided to watch the director's cut of Army of Darkness last night. Hundred bucks says Sam Raimi was tripping balls big time when he wrote the Evil Dead films. :lol:
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:30 am

Batman and Robin. I don't get the hate. The movie is as good as I remember, can't tell why the 3.7/10 imdb score. It has all the things in a your typical blockbuster. All star cast (not usually fan of it) including Coolio! and the cheesy comments in every super hero movie. I think the director did a super job in trying to gradually take out Batman from its "burton" style and put it in a more comic strips style (if that was the intention). Schwarzenegger made a great Doctor Freeze. The SFX is top notch for the time, wouldn't mind watching it if it was released today if you are willing to give the blind eye to some things (mostly the props and the set not the cgi)
IMO the worst Batman was Batman returns. Its not bad but depressing . Like you get depressed watching it.

The batgirl thing was completely a joke though, some girl riding a bike turns into a super hero by wearing a latex suit but people don't seem to mind this kind of stuff in other movies :lol:
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever