Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
marurun

What's for lunch?

by marurun Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:50 am

Hey folks, what are you eating for lunch? I'm going to be periodically sharing lunches I feel strongly about, and you're invited to do the same!

Today is leftover pulled chicken breast BBQ and cole slaw to slap on a brioche bun. I'm pairing it with some yellow and red pepper strips and a whole bunch of red seedless grapes. Delish!
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Re: What's for lunch?

by Nemoide Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:55 am

I don't go into work until the afternoon today so I'll be having chicken curry & rice, one of my staples for the cooler months.
But on days when I eat lunch at work, I typically just have a peanut butter & jelly sandwich. My lifestyle isn't all that sophisticated...
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:00 pm

Nice thread. I probably wont post much, but I'll definitely be checking it out! Will you be posting pictures as well?
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:02 pm

I'm usually out in the field unless it rains so I wear Subway and the spinach chicken wraps out. other than that a couple mchickens/sweet tea, chicken salads from wendys, or skip lunch all together.
marurun

by marurun Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:13 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:Nice thread. I probably wont post much, but I'll definitely be checking it out! Will you be posting pictures as well?

Probably not unless I'm eating in a nicer space other than my cramped little satellite office or getting my food from a local restaurant.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Markies
Next-Gen

by Markies Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:15 pm

Nemoide wrote:But on days when I eat lunch at work, I typically just have a peanut butter & jelly sandwich. My lifestyle isn't all that sophisticated...

That is my go to for when I work from home.

I turned 40 this year and my meal devolved into what I ate when I was 7. :D
marurun

by marurun Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:42 pm

835E014E-81D5-4F5D-8161-FACEE88D6A67.jpeg
835E014E-81D5-4F5D-8161-FACEE88D6A67.jpeg (92.86 KiB) Viewed 5508 times

Decided this looked pic worthy after all.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:53 pm

Damn, that does look good! Of course, I haven't eaten anything yet today, so probably a pile of rocks would look good. But all joking aside, that does look tasty!
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
Limewater
Next-Gen

by Limewater Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:29 pm

Markies wrote:
Nemoide wrote:But on days when I eat lunch at work, I typically just have a peanut butter & jelly sandwich. My lifestyle isn't all that sophisticated...

That is my go to for when I work from home.

I turned 40 this year and my meal devolved into what I ate when I was 7. :D

Heck, I never stopped with the peanut butter and jelly.

I did switch to Natty PB maybe fifteen years ago. SUCH AN UPGRADE!

Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat, Crunchy Natural Peanut Butter, and a little bit of whatever cheap jelly is on the bottom shelf is where it's at.

For what it's worth, natural peanut butter is one of the things that is a great deal at Whole Foods. Their 365 Everyday brand in 34oz jars is the cheapest natural peanut butter I have encountered.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Thu May 26, 2022 2:03 pm

Given my busy schedule, I usually just eat one or two Food Lion pizzas. They're $1 each and about 7-9 inches around. But if I've got enough time and money, I might get the odd footlong from Subway. Turkey and bacon with American and provolone cheeses on Italian herbs and cheese bread, toasted with creamy sriracha.

On my lunch break at Food Lion I usually get a Smart Ones turkey and gravy with garlic mashed potatoes. The potatoes are usually pretty thin so I just nuke the whole thing for a bit longer.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever