What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
stickem
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by stickem »

REPO Man wrote:I literally can walk to the beach and I haven't been in ages.

I get that. sounds like you've lived next to one most of your life, and you don't strike me as beach person anyway. most of my life has been in Tennessee and i'm tired of that, where people new to the area love it. Gets old after 30-40 years lol.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Beaches don't agree with me, either. I'm super pale, for one. I crisp up nicely in the sun, and by crisp I mean BURN.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

marurun wrote:Beaches don't agree with me, either. I'm super pale, for one. I crisp up nicely in the sun, and by crisp I mean BURN.

I get a base tan at the gym usually a month before. Nothing sucks more than sunburns, I feel you there. We'll go walk the coastline at dark for hours just enjoying the waves and fresh air and all that. Plus a couple of 44oz yeti screwdriver just chilling lol.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

I love the beach too. Not walking distance for me, but I'm a bus ride or train ride away from a few beaches, which is awesome -- don't have to worry about driving or parking in a congested area.

I really like hitting up Coney Island in Brooklyn in the summer, which has a beach but also has a boardwalk with food and drink options (including my favorite, Nathan's!), an arcade, and amusement rides.

I totally missed out last summer, but hope I can get there this year.
marurun

Post by marurun »

stickem wrote:I get a base tan at the gym usually a month before.

What is this mysterious “base tan” to which you refer? I have heard of it, but have been unable to verify it’s existence in person. I think you might be an alien.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

I'll get in a tanning bed a couple times a week leading up to Florida trips, so as not to burn. You may be joking, not sure, and I see no blue text this board uses for sarcasm . Negative on the alien lol.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I LOVE the beach. Used to go a lot more when I lived in southern Maine, though I still rent an oceanfront camp every year. I don't think I could live in a state with no coastline.
marurun

Post by marurun »

stickem wrote:I'll get in a tanning bed a couple times a week leading up to Florida trips, so as not to burn. You may be joking, not sure, and I see no blue text this board uses for sarcasm . Negative on the alien lol.

What I mean is, for me there is no such thing as a tan. I cannot. Tanning is so common, yet so alien to my skin. It is not something my body has the capability to do.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

marurun wrote:
stickem wrote:I'll get in a tanning bed a couple times a week leading up to Florida trips, so as not to burn. You may be joking, not sure, and I see no blue text this board uses for sarcasm . Negative on the alien lol.

What I mean is, for me there is no such thing as a tan. I cannot. Tanning is so common, yet so alien to my skin. It is not something my body has the capability to do.

Gotcha! I was like wtf lol, like the guy from the powder movie.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

stickem wrote:
REPO Man wrote:I literally can walk to the beach and I haven't been in ages.

I get that. sounds like you've lived next to one most of your life, and you don't strike me as beach person anyway. most of my life has been in Tennessee and i'm tired of that, where people new to the area love it. Gets old after 30-40 years lol.

I actually used to go all the time in the summer.

Note wrote:I really like hitting up Coney Island in Brooklyn in the summer, which has a beach but also has a boardwalk with food and drink options (including my favorite, Nathan's!), an arcade, and amusement rides.

Lucky!