What RPG are you playing right now?

Level up here
mobiusclimber
128-bit

Re: What RPG are you playing right now?

Post by mobiusclimber »

Actually, let me walk back my comments a little bit. And I think I'm getting the gems a little wrong here. What you want to do is try to strike a balance. In D3, your stats all do things besides just make your attacks stronger if you have a lot of whatever stat your class uses. It goes like this:

Rubies increase Strength, which increases your Armor. So actually you're going to want a couple of these in your armor.
Emeralds increase Dexterity, which increases your Dodge chance. This will help you avoid taking damage all together, but isn't quite as useful as that sounds. So only put a couple of these in your armor.
Diamonds increase your Resist All to elemental damage, which you also get from Intelligence. You should probably put one in an armor socket.
Topaz increase your Intelligence, which increases your Resistances. Put one in your armor socket.

That's how I have my Necromancer set up and it works a lot better than just using Diamonds. I tried switching to all one type of gem and it worked for a little while but I got stuck in the 60s. Finally did this and I hit 70.
I have a ton of games listed at my store's site: Super Smash Video Games
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

I'll probably play a necro next season. I liked that class in balders gate da2. I just used a class I was familiar with this go around for my 1st season. I guess the gems work differently per class. My strength and dex hasn't moved much no matter what gear I get. Wizard depends on int for attack and vit and life % to stay alive. How far along are you? I've just about got the 7th season journey group done but most the time do a run of bounties for materials, a few regular rifts to level up/loot/dragons breath, a couple greater rifts to level gems, cube and use blood shards for ancients/upgrade gear, and rinse and repeat.
mobiusclimber
128-bit

Post by mobiusclimber »

None of your equipment will drop with Strength or Dex, only equipment for a different class. The only reason to use an Emerald or Ruby in your armor is if you need more Armor or Dodge. If your armor has a high rating or has Armor as one of the stats, you don't need to worry about it. But most enemies in D3 have physical melee attacks (they all do, whereas they don't all have magic skills). So if you are ignoring your Armor rating, you're gonna get creamed. No class depends on Int for Armor or melee damage reduction. That's absolutely not how the game works. Dex might not as important as Strength because getting your Dex to a level where the Dodge chance is going to make a difference is a bit tough. But Strength just increases your Armor rating point for point. Here's a link that explains it: https://www.diablowiki.net/Attributes

I think I've completed the 6th journey thing. After I did the fourth one I didn't really pay attention (since I was doing it to get the armor set). I'll work on the rest of the stuff when I have my end game build ready. I rushed to get past GR 70 so that I could run bounties and regular rifts for awhile and have the chance to get Primals. So I'm just grinding right now to get items I need. I don't have a whole lot of time to play, so usually I'll run one chapter's bounties or do a few regular or greater rifts, and that's it for the evening. I'm only running GRs at lower levels right now so I can level up my legendary gems.

[Edit: My favorite classes in D3 are Witch Doctor and Demon Hunter. Witch Doctors have the Hex skill, which you can also get from your Enchantress mercenary (and you should always run this merc with the Hex skill), which turns enemies into chickens who are unable to attack.]
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

Pokemon Silver:

ACK, my Togepi, used metronome. Metronome turned into a move called "Conversion."
It failed.
Sorry, Ack. I guess Zubat's are hard to convert to... whatever it is you were trying. :lol:
I would've preferred hyper beam.
Ack

Post by Ack »

...you named the fat egg thing after me?
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

Yes. Did you have a preference?
Ack

Post by Ack »

I always saw myself as more of a Koffing.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

@mobiusclimber- when it comes to augmenting legendaries, when do you do that exactly? if I understand correctly you sacrifice a legendary gem you dont use along with royal gems to get stat increases? But you need to level that legendary. so how high do they need to be before doing that? TIA

And I guess gold doesnt mean much in this game? Built up like 615 million and dont see ever using any of it.
mobiusclimber
128-bit

Post by mobiusclimber »

stickem wrote:@mobiusclimber- when it comes to augmenting legendaries, when do you do that exactly? if I understand correctly you sacrifice a legendary gem you dont use along with royal gems to get stat increases? But you need to level that legendary. so how high do they need to be before doing that? TIA

And I guess gold doesnt mean much in this game? Built up like 615 million and dont see ever using any of it.

Gold is mostly for leveling up gems (after the early parts of the game where buying equipment and upgrading crafting shops are necessary). It's also for powering up GRs so you get more chances to level your legendary gems at the end. I'm actually always low on gold for that reason.

You can start augmenting your equipment as soon as you have a legendary gem that is level 50 or higher. The first equipment you should augment is anything that has a really good roll on it. The higher level the legendary gem, the more stat increase you'll get. I usually just start augmenting as soon as I start grinding GRs because generally speaking getting to higher GRs is tough without augmenting your equipment. Last season, I augmented everything twice over. This season, I'm taking things slower and probably won't be grinding that much, so I'm holding off until I have either really good equipment or a few high level legendary gems.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

^ How'd you end up doing? I switched to a tal rasha metoer and got alot further, though my playing amount eased up some. Got to 867 paragon and GR 112. It's getting hard to get any further. All my gear is where I want it. I only have 3 though augmented at level 80 but I need to cause more damage to get anywhere and 500 more intelligence isn't gonna do it. Enjoyed the season though.