What RPG are you playing right now?

Level up here
Markies
Next-Gen

Re: What RPG are you playing right now?

Post by Markies »

Speaking of Dragon Warrior...

I started Dragon Quest V on the SNES this evening!

I have a reproduction cart of the Super Famicom game translated into English. So, I'll be playing the game in English on my Super Nintendo.

I have had a love/hate relationship with the Dragon Quest series. Some of the games, I absolutely love like Dragon Quest II, IV & VIII. Other games have been complete slogs to get through like Dragon Quest I, III & VII. I've noticed that I've liked the even number games while disliking the odd numbered games.

I had two friends who played the DS Remakes and they both did not like it at all. However, I've heard many other people and videos where people love the game and call it the best in the series.

So far, it has been a little bit of both. The graphical touches have been super nice and I love the colored backgrounds when fighting enemies. Also, the hot key button to instantly talk to somebody or loot a chest or open a door has been really nice.

However, I've felt like I have done nothing but grinding. I'm only in the second dungeon and its time for another super long grinding session. I know that is Dragon Quest, but some of them have been much more streamlined.

It's still Dragon Quest and it still has that comfort food feel to it, so I have been enjoying myself. A perfect game to play during those hot days outside...
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

lol at these posts.

dragon quest gonna dragon quest
mobiusclimber
128-bit

Post by mobiusclimber »

I started the new season of Diablo III and been working on making up a build. Really the only reason I jumped on this season was bc I wanted the new armor set and pets. So I'm running a Necromancer and I have a full set of Inarius equipment (which you get for completing season journey stuff). Right now I'm trying to make thorns and cold work, but really I need to focus on getting the rest of the armor for the new season set. I think I have three pieces so far. Anyone else play D3? For thorns, I'm running Hack (95% of thorns damage is applied with every attack), Sanguinary Vambraces (Chance on being hit to deal 1000% of thorns damage to attacker) and Heart of Iron (gain thorns equal to 300% of current Vitality). I also have a Rimeheart in the cube for the cold part of my build (20% chance to deal 10,000% weapon damage to enemies that are frozen) and using Land of Dead to freeze everything. It's working ok but getting less and less useful the higher GR I try. I'm still working on a few things, but I think this build is about to hit a brick wall and I'm going to have to do something else. (I'd like to try a few things before I give up on it, like using Frostburn instead of Heart of Iron - both would in the cube as my armor, so I have to choose one or the other - and/or using Bane of the Stricken and Pain Enhancer as two of my legendary gems.)

I also started playing ESO again because one of my friends started playing it. I really don't like this game tho. There's literally nothing that I want to do besides wreck stuff. And the game has so much nonsense to do that isn't about wrecking things. Most of my time in the game is spent waiting on group dungeons. It's just pretty boring.

Have also been playing Cosmic Star Heroine. The battle engine is nice. I don't like the lack of things to buy in the shops and the storyline hasn't really gotten interesting yet. I'm still early in it tho.
I have a ton of games listed at my store's site: Super Smash Video Games
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

^I'm playing my first season myself. I've only played the game in itself for only 2 months blind without reading any manuel or watching videos so really I'm just now understanding how everything works and ties together. I'm playing as a firebird meteor wizard and it's crazy how all these moving parts of your gear can just make you weak as hell and 1 change you're a beast. I dont get alot of time to play and do it solo so I'm only around paragon 450. But dam this game is so much fun and addicting. I like it a bit more and diablo 2
mobiusclimber
128-bit

Post by mobiusclimber »

stickem wrote:^I'm playing my first season myself. I've only played the game in itself for only 2 months blind without reading any manuel or watching videos so really I'm just now understanding how everything works and ties together. I'm playing as a firebird meteor wizard and it's crazy how all these moving parts of your gear can just make you weak as hell and 1 change you're a beast. I dont get alot of time to play and do it solo so I'm only around paragon 450. But dam this game is so much fun and addicting. I like it a bit more and diablo 2

Are you using Arcane Torrent? That's a pretty powerful build. Wizards can either be really fun to play or really boring since they're usually stationary and a lot of skills are just "hold down the button until you run out of arcane power or you have move out of an AOE." LOL I try not to compare D2 and D3 because they really are apples and oranges. But I really do enjoy making up my own builds when I play D3 and it seems like for me that's the major enjoyment. Figuring out how to get all those moving parts to work together.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

mobiusclimber wrote:
stickem wrote:^I'm playing my first season myself. I've only played the game in itself for only 2 months blind without reading any manuel or watching videos so really I'm just now understanding how everything works and ties together. I'm playing as a firebird meteor wizard and it's crazy how all these moving parts of your gear can just make you weak as hell and 1 change you're a beast. I dont get alot of time to play and do it solo so I'm only around paragon 450. But dam this game is so much fun and addicting. I like it a bit more and diablo 2

Are you using Arcane Torrent? That's a pretty powerful build. Wizards can either be really fun to play or really boring since they're usually stationary and a lot of skills are just "hold down the button until you run out of arcane power or you have move out of an AOE." LOL I try not to compare D2 and D3 because they really are apples and oranges. But I really do enjoy making up my own builds when I play D3 and it seems like for me that's the major enjoyment. Figuring out how to get all those moving parts to work together.

yes i'm using arcane torrent. This build sucked until i got every piece of gear and cubed extractions, and considered changing builds. i don't have an issue with killing shit. bosses and elites go down in seconds. i can take melee and spell damage and just keep on trucking, but i be dammed if i run into bow and arrow skeletons or pitchfork guys. 3 shots from those and i'm wasted. when i'm channeling it's not and issue because the armor attributes kick in. pisses me the fuck off, i feel strong as hell most of the time and here comes a couple fucking arrows taking me down lol. and even though i have a good number of points in attack speed, arcane torrent is still slow as hell and the arrow dudes can get shots off faster. this build is pretty good in the higher rifts because you get mob after mob so you can keep the channeling going but god dam if i run into a stray bow and arrow guy. And then you got meteor casting everytime I fire arcane torrent and most of the time I cant see what the hell is on the screen hitting me. Add in that stupid fire wall bonus the game gives you every 5 minutes and it's just a cluster of shit on the screen. right now i'm working on upgrading shit to ancients and working towards augmenting legendary jewels. i can just about run 70 level rifts carefully, but i'm still learning the game
mobiusclimber
128-bit

Post by mobiusclimber »

It sounds like you either aren't hitting Teleport when you need to (to give yourself 25% reduction), you are using diamonds instead of Emeralds in your armor, or you need to figure out a way to run Eye of Etlich. Other than that, I dunno how to get more toughness against ranged attacks. I'm sure there is other ways of doing it, I'm just not sure for your build what is the most viable method.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

The teleport only increases armor about 25% for 5 seconds, it helps but not much. My only other character playing this game is a non seasonal typhoon hydra wizard. More tanky and and little more fun. I've gotten to paragon 500 and I can take shots a little better. Gems and stats rolls are pretty much to the tee of the build so I'm pretty much at the mercy of rng as far as getting better. Used the gift for an emerald on weapon, amethyst on helm, diamond and 2 topaz on chest, topaz on pants, And I'm probably just not very good lol. I also tend to push the torment and GR level to what I can barely handle. Anyway, the grind continues lol.
mobiusclimber
128-bit

Post by mobiusclimber »

No, you just need to switch out your armor gems for Emeralds. Any Intelligent-based class needs Emeralds instead of Diamonds or whatever. The only reason you'd use an Amethyst is if your health was really low and/or you were running something that based damage off your Vitality. Running a Topaz makes even less sense. All your gear already has INT on it. Trust me, unless there's a specific reason otherwise, INT classes use Emeralds in armor and STR or DEX classes use Diamonds. INT gives you spell resistances while DEX gives you Armor.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

mobiusclimber wrote:No, you just need to switch out your armor gems for Emeralds. Any Intelligent-based class needs Emeralds instead of Diamonds or whatever. The only reason you'd use an Amethyst is if your health was really low and/or you were running something that based damage off your Vitality. Running a Topaz makes even less sense. All your gear already has INT on it. Trust me, unless there's a specific reason otherwise, INT classes use Emeralds in armor and STR or DEX classes use Diamonds. INT gives you spell resistances while DEX gives you Armor.

I'll try out your advice. That does kinda go against every thread I've read about building wizards go though and the breakdown where gems should go on the iceyveins build guide. Usually I'm reading emerald only on weapon for crit d and topaz on everything else. I was under the impression str is useless on wizards, stack topaz for int since that's what wizards use for damage. The 1 amythest is because I'm a little squishy. But thanks, I'll give that advice a go.