Level up here
bmoc
Next-Gen

Chrono Cross remaster?

by bmoc Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:38 pm

I've been reading about a potential Chrono Cross remaster for several months. Now this trailer drops https://youtu.be/tfvnXZZa6kU

I hope that this mobile game isn't all we are getting. Some people think that a remaster may still be announced at The Game Awards next week.

What do you think about a potential Chrono Cross remaster? Square-Enix has done pretty well with remakes and remasters recently. I'm eager to see what they do with Chrono Cross (if the rumors are true). I'm expecting a Trials of Mana treatment.
marurun

Re: Chrono Cross remaster?

by marurun Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:49 am

I think it would be odd to remaster Chrono Cross after so many Final Fantasy ports that were just adapted fairly straight across, similarly with Chrono Trigger. Doesn’t mean it won’t happen, but I’m not sure I’d place a bet on it.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:04 am

Well it didn't happen last night. It's got to be any day now...just like Chrono Break...right? Right?

In all seriousness, the Another Eden crossover game made the cover of Famitsu. It seems like someone is trying real hard to remind people Chrono Cross exists.
JungleHeart
8-bit

by JungleHeart Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:38 pm

Did you guys end up getting the game?

I preordered a physical copy which is coming out on the 26th but reviews are saying the port is kinda bad. I mean, it's still Chrono Cross, it's gonna be awesome, but I'm kinda worried I might have jumped in too soon. :-/
"Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning."
—Suikoden I
--
Currently works as a freelance writer
https://blog.playerauctions.com
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:40 am

I haven't heard many positive reviews either. I didn't know about the Asia physical release (English included). Shelling out $40+ for a sub-par remaster even if it is the only legit physical English copy of Radical Dreamers doesn't sound appealing. It's hard to justify even if I consider the "voting with my dollar" angle. Sure, I'd like more Chrono content but this really seems like a lazy port. I'm probably going to give this one a pass.
Return to RPG