Level up here
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Redpill me on Dragon Quest XI

by BoneSnapDeez Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:49 am

I have it on Switch.

Looking for a relaxing and beefy handheld I can play without having to deal with excessive challenge or having to rely on walkthroughs. Does this fit the bill?
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: Redpill me on Dragon Quest XI

by alienjesus Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:12 pm

Yep, difficulty is low until postgame, took me about 65 hours to beat, game makes it totally clear where to go next.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:39 pm

Thanks dude!!!!!!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:07 pm

Such an amazing and chill game. Play it.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

by Nemoide Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:13 pm

I just noticed this thread and YEAH, Dragon Quest XI is great stuff. Like most DQ games, the difficulty level is perfect at keeping you engaged, starting off a little on the breezy side but then getting pretty tricky in the postgame. I found that I never had to grind until that postgame, and by the end I had getting tons of XP down to a finely honed art.

I played through the original PS4 version last year but would like to revisit it and try the Definitive Edition at some point.
nickfil
Next-Gen

by nickfil Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:18 am

I had never played through a dragon quest game until 11s. Here is the thing with that game, its chill. Its slow. You have to be in the right headspace for it. I came off playing a fire emblem game, and it is the total opposite of that. You aren't there to watch numbers go up. Numbers do go up. Strategy does get better. But you are more there to see the puns in the names and get into some antics with your anime party. It isn't about getting to the goal quickly. Its about slowing down, enjoying the scenery, and appreciating the journey. At any time you can just check in with your entire party and see what they think about what is going on. Which tells you all you need to know about the game. Its about chilling with your anime friends.

Mobile is the best platform for it imho. I chipped away at the game a couple hours before bed, while in bed, and I think that's the best way to play it.

I hate when people say 'tough out the first 30 hours it gets good' but, tough out the first 30 hours, it gets good. At least make it through act 2 and then decide if you want to keep playing.
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:57 am

Best game in the series IMO.
Return to RPG