marurun

Re: SRPG Reccomendations

Post by marurun »

Semi colon: punctuation for truckers.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Yeah, I'm going to second the recommendation to stay away from Disgaea. I got about halfway through Disgaea 5 on Switch before I just got...bored. It's super repetitive and grindy.

I feel like Disgaea 3 actually managed to have a good enough balance that I never felt like I was slogging through (and the story was a lot of fun with some major fourth wall breaking being central to the plot). But then I went to play Disgaea 1 on the PSP and just couldn't get through it for the longest time; it wasn't until we did it for Together Retro that I was able to power through, and that required a bunch of very explicit grinding.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Play SD Gundam G Generation Genesis. It's basically Fire Emblem with Gundam. There are English Asia versions on PS4 and Vita. It's also been announced for a Switch port, but AFAIK that's staying exclusive to Japan.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Kuruwin
64-bit

Post by Kuruwin »

Personally i think the second and third game are worst in the series (haven't played fifth) First one is still my favorite and four comes close. I don't think Disgaea games require much grinding if you are just tackling the story but if you want to do postgame stuff then that's where the real grinding starts. Usually there's a level where you can easily get level's to get though the story.