Level up here
MrPopo

Re: RPG Progress Report

by MrPopo Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:17 am

There is no reason to beat the Colossus. It gains you nothing.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:16 am

MrPopo wrote:There is no reason to beat the Colossus. It gains you nothing.

Ok. That settles it. I will make a copy of my save and play through and try to finish the game before the end of the month... and if I get extra time or motivation I boot up that save and take him down for fun.
Thanks!
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
TheSSNintendo
128-bit

by TheSSNintendo Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:01 pm

So I finished up Duran's path in Trials of Mana on Thanksgiving night. Gonna start either Kevin or Hawk's storyline path soon.
marurun

by marurun Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:02 pm

I just started playing this, too. Hawk is the only character we have in common.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Markies
Next-Gen

by Markies Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:20 pm

I should hopefully be playing Secret of Mana 2, the original translated ROM on a Reproduction Cart, this weekend.

All of this Trials of Mana talk made me really want to play this game that I just picked up. :D
opa
128-bit

by opa Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:42 pm

I just dumped Carth for Zaalbar in KOTOR.

Eff Carth. Such a whiny character. He was obnoxious back in the day and still is now.
Ack

by Ack Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:31 am

I believe I have finally reached the main quest proper in Gateway to the Savage Frontier. After wandering through several towns completing basic quests to get setup, I ended up being tasked with rescuing a wizard. Upon saving him, I was informed of four statues that I must find.

Why? Well, it turns out there is an evil army looking to take over the Savage Lands, and they need the statues to open a route through the desert wasteland. Since I may have accidentally destroyed the only competition they had stopping them, I now have to block their evil plans by preventing the statues from falling into their hands.

Of course, these guys know I'm on their case, so I have just been captured and must fight my way out of their secret base before I can start my search properly. But this also gives me a chance to discover what they know about the statues' locations, so this bad attempt to imprison me may just break in my favor.
opa
128-bit

by opa Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:16 am

After a brief hiatus, I got back into Mary Skelter: Nightmares. I'm in the Temple area (3rd section of the map) and all the girls are either level 20 or nearing it.

The Temple really isn't that difficult. The enemies hit hard but they usually die before too many can attack the party. The main problem is the map is freakin' huge. Lots of dead ends and branching paths.

If you're not familiar with this game, the area boss will actually walk around the latter parts of the map. It's entirely possible to be exploring and get into a boss fight unexpectedly. So far I've only seen the Temple boss once and I got away safely.

Overall, I like the game, it's just starting to get tedious. I hope the other areas of the game aren't as expansive.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:03 am

How VN-y is that game? It looks kinda cool.
opa
128-bit

by opa Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:20 pm

Not really at all. There's a guy main character but it's not a dating game. Not really any story choices to make.

There is a rubbing mini game if you're into that kind of thing. Lol
Return to RPG