Level up here
SpaceBooger

Re: RPG Progress Report

by SpaceBooger Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:23 am

For SF1 and even 2 the game was straightforward about power leveling. For SF3 it seems like it is not as cut and dry. I do want to make the game easier so I will level a bit but not all the way to 20.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:52 am

Ok... Now I wonder if power leveling is going but me in the butt. I just finished the battle where Julian leaves. I know he comes back in the other episodes. Should I have promoted him first for the next scenario? I can revert back to the in battle save to do this.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:20 pm

As I replied in Slack, you're fine. They time things in the second scenario such that that party is about the level your party is now. So unless you neglected Julian he'll do just fine.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:28 pm

Lufia & the Fortress of Doom: some thots.

The opening is rad with this big epic flashback scene and massive bosses. Then it turns to present day and it's like Dragon Warrior. A wimpy lil boy walks circles around his town fighting slimes to get stronger.

The controls are funny. Has the typical A-confirm, B-cancel thing, but B also brings up the menu, so the whole game can be played NES style, the d-pad + A and B.

Battles only let you target groups of like enemies and you can swing at air Final Fantasy style.

Graphics are pretty, but the characters are square and look like toddlers. Battles occur in "translucent" arenas where enemies and stat windows materialize around the present surroundings. The soundtrack is sheer ownage. The dialogue is kinda cute and uses cartoony speech bubbles.

I already beat this one, in November of 2009. Felt compelled to play it again for some reason.
Ack

by Ack Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:05 pm

You know you love it, even if Lufia II is the superior game (and it is).
MrPopo

by MrPopo Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:05 pm

I really think that Lufia was originally going to be an NES game and switched platforms midway through development.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Ack

by Ack Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:32 pm

From how it plays, that would not surprise me at all. They had enough time to update the visuals and audio for a 16-bit machine, but that combat system was thoroughly 8-bit in design. Lufia II kept a lot of it but still did updates I appreciated.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:13 am

And the final dungeon music in the series is baller.
TheSSNintendo
128-bit

by TheSSNintendo Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:48 pm

Been playing some Trials of Mana recently on the Switch. Made it off the volcanic island thanks to a giant turtle.
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:22 pm

Ok, I'm heading to the final battle(s) of Shining Force 3 scenario 1 and have a question about the Colossus.
To all who have beaten this game, I am playing the translated version in which you can use the Orb and beat the Collosus, but is there any reason to other than bragging rights? I don't know if my force is strong enough to beat him and then finish part 2 and 3 of the final battle. I guess I could beat him and then Egress out and do it again. I don't know.
So is it worth the time and effort to beat him (will it help me with the later scenarios) or should I just move past it?
BLOG | BST
Return to RPG