Was there a sequel for Skies of Arcadia announced?

Level up here
kinn
64-bit

Post by kinn »

marurun wrote:Well, I wouldn't mind another Phantasy Star if they'd ditch the whole "Universe" concept and go back to straight-forward RPGs. That and a remake of Shining Force III, or even a true Shining Force IV would be great.

I heard that another true Shining Force game is not ever gonna happen. Was made by Camelot I think who dont get along with Sega any more. I think they went onto do Nintendo stuff like Mario Golf, Tennis etc. And Golden Sun on the GBA. Wonder what they are working on now?

I'm icthing to play Shining Force 3 again but will wait until the translations are complete for S2 and S3 (guess it could be a long wait!)

Always wanted to play the Phantasy Star games but I cant get over the super basic graphics of the MS. And I dont want to skip them either! Would hate to start the MD sequels only to miss out on something because I didnt play the first games on the MS.
360 Gamer Tag = Kinn, PS3 Tag = xKINNx, Wii = 3036 8283 1247 3110
Overdosed on Gaming
Leaf
8-bit

Post by Leaf »

A Gamecube exclusive sequel to Skies of Arcadia was announced a few years back, but it just fizzled away. Such a shame, the original is one of Sega's best IMO and one of my favourite RPGs.

It would be really stunning to see a surprise next-gen sequel. :)
kinn
64-bit

Post by kinn »

Leaf wrote:A Gamecube exclusive sequel to Skies of Arcadia was announced a few years back, but it just fizzled away.

Thanks for the info! I always thought that I read somewhere about a sequel being announced. Now I know my mind wasn't just playing tricks on me!
Overdosed on Gaming
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Skies of Arcadia was so good I don't think they could make a satisfying sequel. Can't beat perfection. It's like Grandia, none of the follow ups matched the original even though Grandia II was kind of fun

Be happy we got a special edition with extra content on the Gamecube

Don't know why there is so much negativity towards the Sonic rpg. Have we forgotten how fun Super Mario rpg was? And Bioware has the chops for this. They've already made a great cartoony game with MDK 2, and they certainly can do a good rpg(see Knights of the Old Republic and Jade Empire)
kinn
64-bit

Post by kinn »

Gamerforlife wrote:Skies of Arcadia was so good I don't think they could make a satisfying sequel. Can't beat perfection. It's like Grandia, none of the follow ups matched the original even though Grandia II was kind of fun

Be happy we got a special edition with extra content on the Gamecube

Don't know why there is so much negativity towards the Sonic rpg. Have we forgotten how fun Super Mario rpg was? And Bioware has the chops for this. They've already made a great cartoony game with MDK 2, and they certainly can do a good rpg(see Knights of the Old Republic and Jade Empire)

Maybe not a sequel then to Skies but it would be great to have the original team make a totally new RPG.

As for the Sonic RPG I guess many dont think the Sonic universe is rich enough for an RPG game. We have all seen (and had enough of) the extra characters in the adventure series and I think we all dont want to see them again!
Overdosed on Gaming
marurun

Post by marurun »

In all honesty, I don't mind the characters in the Sonic universe. They can be mildly interesting. I just don't want to play as them, necessarily, in an action game as none of them control like Sonic. Not sure how an RPG will do the King of Speed any justice but at least the world will be populated with lots of varied characters.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

no... they NEED to remake Shining Force 3. I refuse to play scenario 2 and 3 with those stupid translated scripts in hand. I lose track of where I am...

Every once in a while a translation project pops up for random games (policenauts for instance), why the hell doesn't anyone take these games? If I knew Japanese, AND how to translate games... I would do it. But meh, that's time and knowledge I don't have.
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
kinn
64-bit

Post by kinn »

lordofduct wrote:no... they NEED to remake Shining Force 3. I refuse to play scenario 2 and 3 with those stupid translated scripts in hand. I lose track of where I am...

Every once in a while a translation project pops up for random games (policenauts for instance), why the hell doesn't anyone take these games? If I knew Japanese, AND how to translate games... I would do it. But meh, that's time and knowledge I don't have.

Isnt there a SF3 translation project going on that will eventually patch the games into English?

Edit:
Link to progress report - http://forums.shiningforcecentral.com/i ... topic=8232
Overdosed on Gaming
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

lordofduct wrote:no... they NEED to remake Shining Force 3. I refuse to play scenario 2 and 3 with those stupid translated scripts in hand. I lose track of where I am...

Yeah, you would think in this day of lazy work to make a quick buck, they would go for it.
They could even bring it to the DS to avoid being criticized for having dated graphics.
Leaf
8-bit

Post by Leaf »

I'd love a Skies of Arcadia sequel! We saw at the end Fina all kitted out, ready for future adventures... Wouldn't need to mess with the original story, just send them flying off to some distant continent (doing Air Pirate stuff) and accidently run into an Evil Empire that need's to be taken down a notch.

kinn wrote:As for the Sonic RPG I guess many dont think the Sonic universe is rich enough for an RPG game. We have all seen (and had enough of) the extra characters in the adventure series and I think we all dont want to see them again!

Yeah, Sonic can level up all he wants after we've gotten a decent platformer (I wasn't overly impressed with Rush). Come on Sega, just make Sonic the Hedgehog 4 using the Genisis engine and release it on the Virtual Console. All would be forgiven...
Currently playing: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (DS), Shenmue (Dreamcast), Dragon Warrior VII (PS1).