Level up here
opa
128-bit

Moero Chronicle Hyper

by opa Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:29 am

Anyone played it yet? I saw its getting a physical Switch release in March.
marurun

Re: Moero Chronicle Hyper

by marurun Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:11 pm

I initially misread that as Moero Chiropractic Hyper, and now I want a game where you are a MOERO chiropractor, cracking backs and taking names! Align those spines! Twist those bones! Symmetry is perfection!
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
opa
128-bit

by opa Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:58 pm

Lol. "Senpai needs a realignment!"
Ghegs
64-bit

by Ghegs Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:31 pm

Another physical release? It already got one in 2019 or 2020 from Limited Run Games. Where did you see this?

Haven't played it, but I played through the sequel Moero Crystal H last year which I understand is fairly similar. Did not really care for how everything in the game is covered with a heavy layer of basic anime ecchiness, but I guess that's the game's shtick. There are better options available for dungeon-crawling on the Switch.
opa
128-bit

by opa Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:04 pm

Ghegs wrote:Another physical release? It already got one in 2019 or 2020 from Limited Run Games. Where did you see this?

Haven't played it, but I played through the sequel Moero Crystal H last year which I understand is fairly similar. Did not really care for how everything in the game is covered with a heavy layer of basic anime ecchiness, but I guess that's the game's shtick. There are better options available for dungeon-crawling on the Switch.

I randomly saw the game available for pre-order on Limited Run's amazon store. Maybe a reprint?

Thanks for the thoughts. I'm not sure I'm sold on it. There are other RPG's I'm considering.
Ghegs
64-bit

by Ghegs Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:27 am

opa wrote:I randomly saw the game available for pre-order on Limited Run's amazon store. Maybe a reprint?

Oh, right you are. Guess it's not that limited a run after all.

opa wrote:Thanks for the thoughts. I'm not sure I'm sold on it. There are other RPG's I'm considering.

Yeah, I'd say if you still haven't gone through Undernauts, The Lost Child, Dungeon Encounters, Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk, Saviors of Sapphire Wings, Stranger of Sword City Revisited, Potato Flowers in Full Bloom, Demon Gaze Extra, and a few others, the Moero games shouldn't be a priority to get your dungeon crawling fix.

And there's Labyrinth of Galleria: The Moon Society, Labyrinth of Zangetsu, and Undead Darlings: No Cure For Love all coming out soon, and at least the first two look promising.
opa
128-bit

by opa Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:45 am

Thank you for the list!
I'm actually gonna grab Labyrinth of Galleria and Labyrinth of Zangetsu when they come out.
Ghegs
64-bit

by Ghegs Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:16 pm

I'm really looking forward to Labyrinth of Zangetsu, I hope it's good. I got Labyrinth of Galleria on pre-order as well, but although I played through Labyrinth of Refrain (to Normal End, anyway) I didn't enjoy all aspects of it, so my expectations are more tempered with that one.
Return to RPG