Making an official DC Arcade stick octagonal

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
baphomet_irl
128-bit

Post by baphomet_irl »

turkey wrote:if you wanted to "chip" the dc with an actual chip so you can play import originals without a bootdisk then its only 4 wires and pretty easy to do if i remember correctly. I did this on my jap dc with problems. The hardest part was soldering the wire to the actual chip as it was not mounted on a board. The dc boots backups out of the box as long it is not last of the line units.

To do the saturn is not to difficult, check http://seb.riot.org/saturnmod/ for the ultimate in modifications.

Ive not installed this one as i dont have a chip programmer but intent to do this asap. It will only boot import originals tho, you will need to install the modchip available from Racketboy if you wish to use backups.

cool ill look into that

apparently my Saturn has already been modified to only output at 60 or something

i noticed all games i tried to play are a bit chopped at the bottom - for example i cant see the speedo in sega rally

i asked the seller and he said that it was modded to only output 60hz

ive got a loan of a normal PAL one atm though (and a lot of games :p)
baphomet_irl
128-bit

Post by baphomet_irl »

Liam wrote:
baphomet_irl wrote:Cool :)

btw - does anyone here still chip Dreamcasts or Saturns?

cos Im thinking of buying a JAP Dreamcast, but tbh Im running out of SCART connections, plus my wife wouldnt be too impressed with double DC and Saturns lol

A boot disc for DC should play all the imports you need. The Xploder by Blaze or the DC-X (also by Blaze I think) should do. Most games even boot at 60Hz apart from a few - mostly the Neo-Geo conversions.

cool ill try and buy the DC-X disc soon then :)

i want to get SF3