SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
chupon
Next-Gen

Re: Paprium for Genesis Finally Released !

by chupon Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:45 am

Just got this in my email -

Dear chupon,

Thank you again for your patience.

Unfortunately we got our PAYPAL USA account closed without any reason nor appeal possible. So the trolls and mediocres won, for now.
IMPORTANT:
We ask everyone to hold their orders as we are getting charged by PAYPAL each time someone cancels their orders.

Secondly, we should receive PAYPAL USA payments in August 2021. We decide to wait we have the funds on our bank account before shipping out any further games so we don't get trapped in the same situation from 2017 where we shipped all goods but never got paid.

We are currently answering our last tickets, it will take couple more days, we will put back our website online later with more announcements including a new strategy to continue selling our products.

- For people awaiting refund, extra patience will be required, we will ask one of our partners to help.
- For people with returned, lost or broken parcels, we will get back to you asap.
- For people awaiting for their games, keep faith, we always deliver.
- For people awaiting to order, stay tuned, we wont give up and extra surprises ahead!

Thanks again for your support and patience.

Best Regards,

WATERMELON TEAM

Soooooo while I’m not in any rush to get the game and while I have no doubt Watermelon will eventually deliver. They always do. It’s just a question of when.

It’s fine. I’ve more important things to worry about.
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:18 am

chupon wrote:Soooooo while I’m not in any rush to get the game and while I have no doubt Watermelon will eventually deliver. They always do. It’s just a question of when.

It’s fine. I’ve more important things to worry about.

Hopefully before the major stock market crash of 2033.
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:32 am

I still don't what's so complicated about setting up a standard store. Every other company manages to do it just fine. Admittedly, I'm not too hot on Paypal's terms and conditions, and I've forgotten how WM has been handling things, but I can't imagine the convoluted gems system, for example, or the fact they essentially operate only through crowdfunding, but choose to bypass Kickstarter (or similar platforms), presumably to avoid handing them a cut, looks particularly good to a company like Paypal.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
marurun

by marurun Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:13 am

I think it’s that WM took money years ago and was taking so long to deliver that PayPal got tons of refund requests. That can be an indication of unhealthy or even predatory business practices (and WM is known for the former).
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
IrishNinja
64-bit

by IrishNinja Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:54 pm

been months and it's still surreal that my copy finally showed, much less with a speedo

almost wish idve gone in on that arcade stick now :x
chupon
Next-Gen

by chupon Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:11 pm

I still haven’t received Jack. Not worried, not in a rush. Just meh.

nightrnr
Next-Gen

by nightrnr Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:23 am

I feel your pain.
I am still waiting for the Polymega. I have a sizable amount ied up for its release.
And to tie in with my own topic, I don't suppose Paprium would work on the Polymega (more a statement than a question).
...just another lost soul...
IrishNinja
64-bit

by IrishNinja Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:01 pm

it's been here for months - speedo and all - and i'm still in disbelief that it exists
chupon
Next-Gen

by chupon Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:22 pm

Here’s the latest - and NO I still don’t have my Paprium copy that I paid for a year ago. I don’t understand how anyone - let alone a quasi business - can be so bad with money. It’s pathetic and embarrassing. Whatever. I wait.

Dear chupon,

Thanks for your patience,
Some updates for you.

Unfortunately we cannot resume shipments. PAYPAL is playing dumb paying us only a fraction of what you had originally paid.
First, we won't give-up on you. Anyone still waiting for their games will receive them eventually.

Second, we will not take any further loans to deliver and we are in the impossibility to restore e-commerce services.
It is heartbreaking for us but we have no choice but to flip our vest 180° and embrace digit-fart.

We are porting PAPRIUM to more modern platforms and we will proceed with a crowdfunding campaign in the next few days.

To clear any doubt, we will ensure people awaiting their copies will get served first and be certain nothing can beat the original SEGA hardware, a lot of surprises to be reveleated!
All our other products that were to be announced in April 2020 are postponed until further notice.
All difficulties do not apply to the ???? project, which is still on schedule thanks to the few individuals who dared circumvent the GAFAMs grip!

We will also make a FAQ video in next few days, you can post your questions in comments, we will answer them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxUKyIOF9co

Important notices:
We are still processing tickets at the moment, for the few of those who didn't get an answer yet, more patience is needed, do not double-post tickets.
For returned parcels, incorrect parcel content or technical issues, we have registered your requests and are still processing them / we will get back to you.
For those still awaiting refund, we will be processing those soon through a partner's paypal account.
For urgent matters, until our situation is resolved, please refrain from posting email or tickets, please call +33(0)7 81 08 84 61, thank you for your understanding.

Keep faith,
WM

marurun

by marurun Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:55 pm

“We will be embarking on fundraising for new products which will actually be used to fulfill outstanding orders. This new crowdfunding will get money to us somehow, despite existing funds being frozen.”
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Return to Sega