SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
stickem
Next-Gen

Re: Entry Level Genesis Games for a Sega Noob

by stickem Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:38 pm

Man I've tried that one a few times, maybe an hour playing time, i didnt get it. I also don't like the other 2 rail shooters. I'm a ff7 fanboy, so maybe I expected it to be the sega version. I dunno.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:41 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Just for the record...PDS is the one rate, expensive game that is 100% worth it’s asking price. It is so, so good.

I know they're very different but I played Panzer Dragoon Orta and it was one of the best games I've ever played.
marurun

by marurun Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:28 am

PDS is a very tactical RPG that also happens to be very lonely.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
opa
128-bit

by opa Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:54 am

I like how the thread went from "I'm gonna find sonic on the cheap" to "Panzer Dragoon Saga". I love these discussions.
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:20 am

Well Crusader of Centy was in the list of entry level genesis games also lol.
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:28 pm

stickem wrote:Well Crusader of Centy was in the list of entry level genesis games also lol.

I bout had a damn stroke when I saw what it was going for nowadays.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:48 pm

So I've been trying some like Sonic 2, but I find myself not getting into the lack of a password system, or with something like Saturn's Astal, I see a masterpiece, until I get a game over and have to start all over.

Is there any way to slowly adjust to the consoles and these types of game over systems? Or is it just something I gotta live with.

Partially off topic (maybe a mod can change the title of this), but I wanna know what are good starting points for the Saturn as well.
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:51 pm

PretentiousHipster wrote:So I've been trying some like Sonic 2, but I find myself not getting into the lack of a password system, or with something like Saturn's Astal, I see a masterpiece, until I get a game over and have to start all over.

Is there any way to slowly adjust to the consoles and these types of game over systems? Or is it just something I gotta live with.

Yep: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53301

Sonic 2 and Astal both have level select codes, FWIW. But I agree with you that the lack of a proper continue system is very annoying! I didn't beat Sonic 2 for the longest time because of it.

PretentiousHipster wrote:Partially off topic (maybe a mod can change the title of this), but I wanna know what are good starting points for the Saturn as well.

Actually, I think it would be best to simply create a new thread for your Saturn question.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:31 am

Re: Astal, I can't really enjoy this game. It seems a bit too easy. I'm playing the Japanese version, I wonder if that's the reason for it?
marurun

by marurun Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:38 am

Astal is beautiful, but the mechanics can sometimes be a little wonky. I have the feeling the visuals were prioritized over gameplay.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Return to Sega