SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
SpaceBooger

Standalone Genesis Game on Dreamcast

by SpaceBooger Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:18 pm

I know there are a plethora of NeoGeo stand-alone discs for games on the Dreamcast. Does anyone know how to make a Genesis standalone game?
I found some stuff online about burining an emulator disc with the rom on it, but does anyone know if there is a way to make a disc that boots up directly to a genesis game?
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

Re: Standalone Genesis Game on Dreamcast

by Ziggy587 Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:15 am

I think this would only be possible if the emulator was coded to be able to boot straight to a game from config settings or something. Did you ever find an answer?

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:25 am

I have not figured this out yet...
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
marurun

by marurun Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:43 am

AFAIK, Genesis emulation is pretty weak on the Dreamcast (unless homebrew folks have made lots of progress in the past couple years). But I don't know how to make single-boot discs for titles. Sorry.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:58 pm

SpaceBooger wrote:I have not figured this out yet...

I would suggest this: Download DC Genesis emulators and check any config or ini files that they might have. Look in them for anything that might be a setting for booting straight to a game.

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
Return to Sega