Golden Axe Warrior world map

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Jake Armitage
16-bit

Golden Axe Warrior world map

Post by Jake Armitage »

thumbnail (1).jpg
thumbnail (1).jpg (130.56 KiB) Viewed 9359 times
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away I was into making video game maps on excel. Among the ones I made was a world map for Golden Axe Warrior. Earlier in the year I found someone that could make a giclee canvas map for me from it - so I had an 11" x 17" and a 24" x 36" one made:

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/attachment ... 1528049958

I also made maps for Warsong, Brigandine and Dark Wizard. I would love to make canvas ones of those but it would cosr a small fortune.
Last edited by Jake Armitage on Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When I come home from a long day in Hell, there's nothing I'd rather reach for than a fire-brewed bottle of Styx Beer. Made from the filthiest waters from our own River Styx. Styx Beer is a third more toxic than any other regular beer. The worst beer - the filthiest beer - the deadliest beer. It's Styx Beer!"
pierrot
Next-Gen

Re: Golden Axe Warrior world map

Post by pierrot »

This sounds like it would be really cool, but unfortunately I can't see the image, for some reason.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

I would love to see this, but the image isn't showing for me either.
Jake Armitage
16-bit

Post by Jake Armitage »

pierrot wrote:This sounds like it would be really cool, but unfortunately I can't see the image, for some reason.

Sorry about that - it shows up for me whether I am logged in or not. I think I fixed it -but I also left a link in for another site where I posted it.
"When I come home from a long day in Hell, there's nothing I'd rather reach for than a fire-brewed bottle of Styx Beer. Made from the filthiest waters from our own River Styx. Styx Beer is a third more toxic than any other regular beer. The worst beer - the filthiest beer - the deadliest beer. It's Styx Beer!"
Rydon
24-bit

Post by Rydon »

Shows up for me now. Looks really slick. Nice going!
Jake Armitage
16-bit

Post by Jake Armitage »

Rydon wrote:Shows up for me now. Looks really slick. Nice going!

Thanks!

Here's a closer in shot (this looks darker - the first picture was shot before it was "aged" to look old).

That thing has a whopping 36,000 excel cells in it.
Attachments
image 4.jpg
image 4.jpg (86.02 KiB) Viewed 9342 times
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I'm impressed. I had this game before once complete in the last decade and it really was the answer to the question no one asked, but Sega answered anyway about the original Zelda on NES. It did what Nintendo did for the most part, some ways better, some obviously worse, but the game was for a SMS title a clear cut winner. I had a lot of fun but probably only saw a 1/3 of that map if I remember right as i never got close to finishing it. Time, free time, not lack of caring stopped that from happening as it was a great ride and that map shows the attention of detail you had invested in caring about such a title probably as much as Sega had in developing it going to that extreme.
Jake Armitage
16-bit

Post by Jake Armitage »

Tanooki wrote:I'm impressed. I had this game before once complete in the last decade and it really was the answer to the question no one asked, but Sega answered anyway about the original Zelda on NES. It did what Nintendo did for the most part, some ways better, some obviously worse, but the game was for a SMS title a clear cut winner. I had a lot of fun but probably only saw a 1/3 of that map if I remember right as i never got close to finishing it. Time, free time, not lack of caring stopped that from happening as it was a great ride and that map shows the attention of detail you had invested in caring about such a title probably as much as Sega had in developing it going to that extreme.

I liked it quite a bit better than the NES Zeldas. It has a much bigger world to explore (which is one of the big attractions of certain games for me).

I have a fascination with maps - I have a pretty large collection of cloth/canvas/fabric fantasy/rpg maps - and for the console games I have if it came with a map I have made sure to to get it.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

holy shit, that's gorgeous! Great job, and great game. :D
Jake Armitage
16-bit

Post by Jake Armitage »

noiseredux wrote:holy shit, that's gorgeous! Great job, and great game. :D

They are even more impressive IRL - pictures just don't do them justice. The guy that made them can now make one as large as 5' x 7.5'. Not sure what I would do with one that big but it sure would be neat.

Here are two I made on excel for Dark Wizard and Brigandine:
Attachments
5CE3054D-D7B0-77A7-10F0277E5E7BAE11.jpg
5CE3054D-D7B0-77A7-10F0277E5E7BAE11.jpg (60.19 KiB) Viewed 9267 times
4001825.jpg
4001825.jpg (259.59 KiB) Viewed 9275 times