Getting a Genesis collection going

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
pierrot
Next-Gen

Re: Getting a Genesis collection going

Post by pierrot »

Dikdikvandik wrote:Oh and I KIND OF have Thunderforce III in the form of Thunder Spirits.

Eh, that statement is kind of a hard sell for me. Thunder Spirits is a pretty unfortunate port of Thunder Force AC, and there's a few stages that are entirely different between AC and III. Also III has the choice of stages for the first few, like Thunder Force IV. There's a much better port of Thunder Force AC on the Saturn, and Thunder Force III is just worth playing on its own, regardless. I would personally recommend grabbing Thunder Force III, even if you do like Thunder Spirits.
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

Post by Dikdikvandik »

Neo Geo in Genesis facinates me as both the Neo Geo and Genesis have an 68000 processor. Missing Earthquake not withstanding the Genesis does have the better 16 Shodown port. Never liked the SNES zoomed out mode.

As for Thunder Spirits all those reasons are why I said KIND OF have Thunderforce III I still plan to get it and 2. I also have the PS1 version of V and once I get a working PS2 or capable enough Gaming PC to emulate I'm getting Thunderforce VI.....
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Thunder Spirits is cool in its own way, but yeah you'd be surprised how different they are actually. Several different levels and whatnot. I dig both versions but III is definitely the real deal along with AC.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

The biggest difference got me Brien Things Force III and Thunder Spirits is the soundtrack. The Genesis original just sounds so much better.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

Post by Dikdikvandik »

GSZX1337 wrote:The biggest difference got me Brien Things Force III and Thunder Spirits is the soundtrack. The Genesis original just sounds so much better.

Dare I say the Thunder Spirits soundtrack is terrible?
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Don't overlook Namco's library for the system, especially the Splatterhouse and Rolling Thunder games.
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

Post by Dikdikvandik »

Rolling Thunder 2 is fantastic
Not sure about 3.

I LOVE Namco anyway, Marvel Land is a well duh from me.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Definitely give 3 a shot. The soundtrack is killer.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

I wouldn't say the soundtrack to Thunder Spirits is terrible. I just get the same desire to listen to the Genesis original that I do from Super Turrican (which uses some songs from Turrican III).

Splatterhouse 2 & 3 are great. It sucks that the original was only ported to the TurboGrafx-16, but it's not that big of a loss.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

Post by Dikdikvandik »

Isn't Splatterhouse on the Switch in the Namco Museum Collection?

I'm a casual fan of the series, Keep meaning to get the PS3/360 game released a few years back.

How about run and guns?
We have Gunstar, Contra and Midnight Resistance, and Alien Soldier is there anything else?