There are very few Dreamcast exclusives left...

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Re: There are very few Dreamcast exclusives left...

Post by Erik_Twice »

I agree that the Dreamcast is no longer the best way to play many games, the value of its arcade ports, one of its best strenghts has gone down and half of its best exclusives are now on PC, often with an improved graphics. But it's still a great console and the ease of play still makes it very competitive, IMHO.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
IrishNinja
64-bit

Post by IrishNinja »

man, ya'll are crazy. there's still too many greats left alone on the DC!

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I collect compilations. :wink:

hands down one of my favorite genres, if it counts. +1!
jay_red
Next-Gen

Post by jay_red »

Sure, you can play a lot of the DC games else ware, but we all know the thrill of throwing in a game and hearing the VMW beep, followed by the gears grinding, then having to set the system clock because you haven't played the DC in a while :lol:

You can't tell me you would rather play crazy taxi on another system without the Offspring sound track?! Sure I could play PSO on PC easier, but I would rather hookup my dreamPi, simulate a dial up connection, and play online like its 2001! And oh yeah... Shenmue.

The Dreamcast will always have us dedicated fans that will play its versions over any other.
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
Anayo
Next-Gen

Post by Anayo »

jay_red wrote:Sure, you can play a lot of the DC games else ware, but we all know the thrill of throwing in a game and hearing the VMW beep, followed by the gears grinding, then having to set the system clock because you haven't played the DC in a while :lol:

You can't tell me you would rather play crazy taxi on another system without the Offspring sound track?! Sure I could play PSO on PC easier, but I would rather hookup my dreamPi, simulate a dial up connection, and play online like its 2001! And oh yeah... Shenmue.

The Dreamcast will always have us dedicated fans that will play its versions over any other.

I agree. The Dreamcast is a very charming and stylish game machine.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I have to admit.

While I was blown away at the find I had, nothing really set it into true 'I missed this' mode like one thing. Not the itemizing, not the cleaning of everything, or any of the other things one would do it test it all out. No it was that sound, not that VMU beep, but the boot up effect. Sega always had that thing with a volume far louder than what the menu or the games would do to create a presence to those before it. That sound brought a smile.

And I do agree, Crazy Taxi without the original sound track is pure bs. I fired that game up first of the two I picked up for it the other day.

I'd love to think I could get this system back online, but I don't know about that. It would be fun, but dialup just isn't happening, nor is me buying added parts or a Pi box to dink around with a ISO of various titles.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

The Dreamcast was really the last in the line of game consoles that was chasing the "arcade at home" dream before that entire concept became outdated and for that it holds a special place to me.
jdollatari
8-bit

Post by jdollatari »

one of the first consoles I bought when my wife and I got married and my income shot up haha was a DC and I have been loving it plenty of DC games have not made it off the DC are they the best titles no but still worth having its like an arcade machine in your home
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Yup it was the last arcade machine at home system with only the obvious Neo Geo AES before it. One from Sega was your NAOMI at home setup more or less, the other was just a re-pinned MVS arcade cabinet for your TV.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

darsparx wrote:I miss when places did that. I'm not even sure any local store(outside of gamestop) has demo units anymore. I loved going to stores and doing that but there's almost no point if you already own the system since demos are put out ahead of time anyways so you can try them for yourself without going anywhere. That was kinda how I annoyed my dad a lot...would go to gamestop and I could've spent hours there if I wanted to just playing demos and such...

I still see demo units in Target and Best Buy, and lots of kids playing them.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

I think the Target around here still has Nintendo ones at the very least. Best Buy definitely does.