I'm not sure I like the Sega CD

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
strangenova
Next-Gen

Re: I'm not sure I like the Sega CD

Post by strangenova »

Kidpanda wrote:Sega cd prices are getting silly. A fatal fury special sold for like 300 bucks on eBay not long ago. A vastly inferior port. Don't waste your time on the sega cd. I have like 50 games on it and sold keio for 700 as its a lackluster game.

I want more Sega in my collection though, I've already talked myself out of the saturn because of the price barrier. Also talked myself out of the master system and game gear for other reasons, 32x is undesirable to me. That just left CD and dreamcast.

Screw it maybe I'll just get a nomad and play genesis everywhere I go
Anayo
Next-Gen

Post by Anayo »

strangenova wrote:
Kidpanda wrote:Sega cd prices are getting silly. A fatal fury special sold for like 300 bucks on eBay not long ago. A vastly inferior port. Don't waste your time on the sega cd. I have like 50 games on it and sold keio for 700 as its a lackluster game.

I want more Sega in my collection though, I've already talked myself out of the saturn because of the price barrier. Also talked myself out of the master system and game gear for other reasons, 32x is undesirable to me. That just left CD and dreamcast.

I have a Sega Nomad as well as a PSP 1000 with custom firmware. I play Genesis games on the PSP a lot, but never on the Nomad. There's too many devices these days with superior picture quality, portability, battery life, and price. Heck, you can even get a bluetooth controller like Moga for your android or iphone and play Genesis games that way.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

strangenova wrote:

Dude! Get a dreamcast! Are you kidding me? If you're considering any other options just stop right now and get a CAT scan because you may have a brain tumor. I have every Sega system bar none, and most revisions of those systems. The Sega CD, Saturn, 32X, Pico, and master system combined can't hold a candle to the Dreamcast. I love having all those systems in my collection, but Genesis and Dreamcast get 99 percent of my Sega playtime.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Have you tried Sonic CD? That alone, in my opinion, is reason enough to justify owning a Sega CD.

samsonlonghair wrote:Dude! Get a dreamcast! Are you kidding me? If you're considering any other options just stop right now and get a CAT scan because you may have a brain tumor.

This. This all day every day.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

I had a dreamcast in my possession for about a week, only two games: Crazy Taxi and Timestalkers. They were alright, I do have some interest in Sonic adventure series and a few other games for it though. That controller is just....weird though...

The Sega cd really has my interest right now. Sonic cd, lunar series, enhances ports of genesis games like Ecco and Samurai Shodown. Dreamcast does have a lower price barrier, so there's that.
Brendand
8-bit

Post by Brendand »

The control on Dreamcast ain't that weird its basically a refined Sega Saturn 3D control pad ^^ the Xbox controls have all followed and improved upon that design through
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

I wanted to pick up Soul Star recently and was pretty shocked to find complete copies fetching over a hundred bucks and loose disks going for around $50.

It's a cool game and all but I didn't think the demand was there.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

The Dreamcast's controller is wonky if you're used to modern dual analog controls, but as long as you're not playing a shooter, the weirdest part is having the cord at the bottom (which, admittedly, is a bizarre design choice).
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:The Dreamcast's controller is wonky if you're used to modern dual analog controls, but as long as you're not playing a shooter, the weirdest part is having the cord at the bottom (which, admittedly, is a bizarre design choice).

Not as bizarre as the SMS cord out the side.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

MrPopo wrote:Not as bizarre as the SMS cord out the side.

Yeah that was a dumb idea back then, still a dumb idea all these years later. I love the SMS, but I'll admit its original gamepad wasn't the best design to say it kindly.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.