How is your Game Gear gaming going?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: How is your Game Gear gaming going?

Post by Tanooki »

Found sonic triple trouble for five today.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

Storage is a trick with gg games. I just use a shoe box myself.
I've heard of people using golf ball display cases, but you'd need several for the entire gg catalog.

Jewelry hangers could work, the type that has zippered or open clear plastic sleeves. They usually have a hook to hang in the closet. Not sure where to find them, maybe Ross, a dept store that carries jewelery, or some kind of outlet store.
...just another lost soul...
Snatch1414
Next-Gen

Post by Snatch1414 »

nightrnr wrote:Storage is a trick with gg games. I just use a shoe box myself.
I've heard of people using golf ball display cases, but you'd need several for the entire gg catalog.

Jewelry hangers could work, the type that has zippered or open clear plastic sleeves. They usually have a hook to hang in the closet. Not sure where to find them, maybe Ross, a dept store that carries jewelery, or some kind of outlet store.

There was a video making the rounds lately where a couple guys where using nail polish stands found on Amazon. I think they'd work well for Game Gear stuff.
Subscribe to the Snatch Gaming podcast on iTunes!
SnatchGaming.com
Twitter: @SnatchGames
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

https://img0.etsystatic.com/135/0/6993639/il_340x270.958389588_2xhe.jpg

I have an antique wooden carved box similar to that. It can hold 3 columns of games around 12 or so in each and room for another 6-8 games going left to right along the side. It has a little mirror on the inside cover part, and a small front latch you can attach a semi-useless little lock to. I found the thing some years ago as an antique pick and kept random things over time in it, but lately it was Gameboy games due to their square flat shape but that went into my 2 drawer antique wooden card index cabinet and the GG games went into it since.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

I used to have them all in the large official carrying case but the elastic holding the cart cases in place just doesn't work any longer. You open the thing up and most slide out - or it is a domino effect once you move on. So now I have them in a clear bin that sits on top of one of my shelves.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Well I'll find something. Right now I'm at 53 games and I'm doing pretty good so far
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

mas wrote:Well I'll find something. Right now I'm at 53 games and I'm doing pretty good so far

Keep up the good work, mas! That is a very solid collection.

I picked up copies of Pengo - which I didn't know received a Game Gear port - and Formula One today. They were $2 each, and they bring me up to about 90 Game Gear games.

It is really fun collecting for this system, but I wish I had a reliable way to play my games... :? (C'mon, Hyperkin! I need that adapter!)
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Just got my majesco game gear. Gotta do some chores and gonna play it. Will let you guys know how it differs from sega's
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

So I tested both systems out with a coupe of duplicates and the majesco is a better system overall. Screen is brighter and sound is nice and loud. Can't wait to play tonight before I wind down for bed
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

mas wrote:Well I'll find something. Right now I'm at 53 games and I'm doing pretty good so far

54 - sending you Tale Spin