2016-17 Sega Saturn Japan Explorers Club (schedule released)

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
mjmjr25

Re: 2016-17 Sega Saturn Japan Explorers Club

Post by mjmjr25 »

I've added Savaki, D-xhird, and Willy Wombat to the suggested list.

Be advised on Willy - it sells at auction for $25 range...buy nows are $60-150...

Most of these games you really need to look around - JP gameshops, amazon, forums, and if you use ebay, put out auction watches as the buy nows are hyper inflated.
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Post by JoeAwesome »

Last rec, if I may:

Bomberman Fight!! is a Japanese Saturn exclusive, afaik. The multiplayer video looks like it's the same fun style, albeit with some new levels in a weird isometric(?) view.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

is it weird that I'm excited about the golf game?

Also, Deep Fear was released in the UK. Should that keep it off this list?
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Post by JoeAwesome »

noiseredux wrote:Also, Deep Fear was released in the UK. Should that keep it off this list?

Same with Street Racer. Surprised to see both on the list, even though they're good games.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Street Racer Extra was released elsewhere? It's diff than Street Racer...
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

JoeAwesome wrote:Last rec, if I may:

Bomberman Fight!! is a Japanese Saturn exclusive, afaik. The multiplayer video looks like it's the same fun style, albeit with some new levels in a weird isometric(?) view.

Isometric and an HP bar. It is what Bomberman 64 should have been.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

mjmjr25 wrote:Street Racer Extra was released elsewhere? It's diff than Street Racer...

it and Deep Fear were both released in Europe (for the Saturn). Does that make them ineligible for the goal of this experiment.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Adding:

Touge: King the Spirits 2
SAT-J exclusive racer

...and, it's an ATLAS/CAVE game.

Any interest in Columns Collection? It has retreads of some previously released Columns games, but also the arcade port of Columns 97 (allegedly the best, not sure how they improved on it, it's pretty straightforward).

What about Fire Pro Wrestling 6 Man Scramble? (or others) some are exclusive to SAT-J, but I think menus are all JP and it might be frustrating - anyone know?
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Let's keep Deep Fear and Street Racer Extra for now and they can be the first to be scrapped if we have 52 other worthy titles for this.
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Post by JoeAwesome »

mjmjr25 wrote:Street Racer Extra was released elsewhere? It's diff than Street Racer...

Well, it is, and it isn't from all I can find out. It's different than the 16-bit versions (and possibly the PS1 version), but on the Saturn, it's the same in Japan as it is in Europe. I could be wrong about that last part, though.

That aside, it could be the definitive version with it's multiplayer (8 players? Haven't had enough people to try it out).