How is your Sega CD gaming going?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
noiseredux
Next-Gen

How is your Sega CD gaming going?

Post by noiseredux »

we have these threads for Dreamcast, Saturn, etc... figured why not for Sega CD? (Insert snarky response here). I fired up my X'Eye for the first time in a long time this morning and played a little Mickey Mania. Still a great looking game. Wish the hit detection was a bit better though.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: How is your Sega CD gaming going?

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Sega CD is solid. Never been crazy about the goofy FMV stuff (sorry Bogus) but the RPG library is pretty intriguing.

And I still need to pick up a copy of Sonic CD...
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Sega CD is solid. Never been crazy about the goofy FMV stuff (sorry Bogus) but the RPG library is pretty intriguing.

And I still need to pick up a copy of Sonic CD...

It's okay! I still love you! As for the Sega cd, I have tons of fmv games I need to get through. I have to play through the delightfyl, myst-style jurassic park game and I have finally figured out how to play Supreme Warrior and beat the fire boss. Last, but certainly not least, I have the really absurd fmv interactive movie, wirehead. You control a man who has a sega genesis attached to his head and you control him with the game controller. It is ridiculous.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I have that JP game, but I"ve not spent much time with it. You're right though - it is sort of Myst-like with the static screens.

I think SCD is unfairly thought of as just an FMV system. There's a lot of cool and interesting non-FMV stuff.

Still think Night Trap is awesome though.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Did anybody ever fan translate this one?:

http://www.mobygames.com/images/covers/ ... -cover.jpg

I've always thought it looked interesting.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Exhuminator wrote:Did anybody ever fan translate this one?:

not that I know of, but dammit, it looks cool.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

I'd like to play it, I love Shadowrun
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

I've posted in the other Sega console threads, why not this one (to echo the sentiments of noise).

I just ordered a copy of Brutal: Paws of Fury (mostly because I like weird fighting games). I also have the 32X port but heard this was a better version all around.

I'll probably devote one of my broken Xboxes to the system and put all my game CDs to bin/cue formats some time next year.
My PS2 (via PicoDrive emulator) just doesn't like most Sega CD games, or I might use it instead.

Come to think of it, I still have a CDX I need to fix sometime. I think it just has a bad video encoder (plays with very muddy graphics when a 32X is attached, but no video at all without).

I do have a model 2 Gen/CD combo accessible for when the occasion calls for it. But I try to limit my play time for fear of killing the 20 year old laser.
I know I'm probably paranoid, but my focus has been digital options as of late.

Anyone actually have a copy of Keio Flying Squadron (not asking to buy, just curious)? It's one of the few games that completely eluded me when I was heavily collecting for the system. Ebay prices went from crazy several years ago, to completely absurd in recent times. I will never own that game. Emulation is a godsend.
...just another lost soul...
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I have Shadowrun on both the Genesis and SNES and love both, despite them being very different games from eachother and the SNES version being censored slightly.

I never knew there was a Mega CD game! What's it like?
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Exhuminator wrote:Did anybody ever fan translate this one?:

There was a project in the works, but it was never completed and unfortunately hasn't been updated in quite a while.

Reprise wrote:I have Shadowrun on both the Genesis and SNES and love both, despite them being very different games from eachother and the SNES version being censored slightly.

I never knew there was a Mega CD game! What's it like?

Kind of an adventure/visual novel (think snatcher) with combat sequences that take place on a top down grid.

It has 5 different scenarios to play out, though I don't know just how different they are from one another.

I'd love to play it myself, but the language barrier is huge, so unless that translation gets finished it just isn't gonna happen.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.