I got the 2015 Mortal Kombat Sega Genesis Ultimate Portable

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Tanooki
Next-Gen

I got the 2015 Mortal Kombat Sega Genesis Ultimate Portable

Post by Tanooki »

Finally I can play some Sega games again without totally jumping in (no time or $ for that anymore.) It seems to have been lightly improved since the original SD card reading unit I had like 5 years ago. It still has some/most? of the sound issues in some games. Visually things look right and the controls are responsive. The audio(speaker) is quite good, the screen is very nice (easily scratched plastic so I'm keeping the packing laminate over it) and good battery life too. I also have this spare 2.5mm to MONO a/v cable and tried it on the TV a few days back and the output was quite nice especially for the quality/price of the unit.

I've yet to wrangle up a SD card though to try that out. I'd love to stuff SF2 and MMWW that was their previous tease on a box to see how those behave along with Castlevania and a few others I once owned. Have any of you experience with this newest version?

I know it's kind of a halfassed cheat considering it's a less than perfect emulator box without save capabilities(which is asinine) but it seems better than the one I had if I recall right. MK1 was kind of cool, the classic blood code tease popped up and I really couldn't remember the code.
SaturnHST
24-bit

Re: I got the 2015 Mortal Kombat Sega Genesis Ultimate Porta

Post by SaturnHST »

Do special moves work in the MK games? They didn't work in older versions.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Yeah they do. I played a few rounds with Sub Zero and I was able to ice ball with him and pulled off his (neutered as I didn't input the code) fatality. That was MK1, never tried 2 or 3.

It seems they do these small incremental updates to fix some of the more popular games, but they leave out the stupid no-saving bug from being handled which is insane since it even happens on a real cart put into their TV Genesis clone.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

@tgames just needs to pay Steve Snake to port Kega Fusion to their ARM hardware so we can finally have good software emulating Sega games.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

Anybody got a link to this thing? I are curious.
SaturnHST
24-bit

Post by SaturnHST »

I think MK3 or UMK3 were the ones that didn't work.

I doubt they changed anything. They just repackage the same thing again and again.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

TSTR wrote:Anybody got a link to this thing? I are curious.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... 42346:TRUS

http://staging.atgames.net/index.php/pr ... me-player/

Supposedly Gamestop and Walmart have it, but Toys R us is where I found it.

I hope you're wrong they'd re-package it without fixing a game they put on the fron to fhte box prominently. Then again they blew off the Mega Man Wily Wars battery problem a couple years back. I really need to find a SD card.
jay_red
Next-Gen

Post by jay_red »

Before you linked the actual product, I assumed you were talking about something like this:

And wondered why you were even making a thread! Now that I see what you are talking about i am actually really interested in this. How is the screen size? its hard to tell from pics the actual size of the unit.
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

jay_red wrote:How is the screen size?

It's a " 3.2" LCD" according to the Toys R Us page. Which for comparison would make it 0.3" larger then a GBA screen.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

On a somewhat related note, I really dig the Jakks Pacific Plug-n-play Mortal Kombat TV Game.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002ZOIN8?vs=1

Edit: jay red beat me to it.