What happened to Tux's Dreamcast downloads? :(

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
emurozii
16-bit

Re: What happened to Tux's Dreamcast downloads? :(

Post by emurozii »

Oh right, I never knew! Thanks very much for that, have started downloading only the ones I'm actually wanting, and it's much, much quicker because of that seeing as there isn't too many.
dreamcast4ever83
128-bit

Post by dreamcast4ever83 »

Gamba Cyborg wrote:emurozii, TuxTheWise's Dreamcast releases can be find via torrent now.

Have a look here:
http://segahub.org/index.php?topic=6209.0

Im confused? What is this exactly? I download and backup my dreamcast games all the time as well as some homebrew on dcisozone but what is this exact realease?
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

I just finished the torrent (at least the 20GB that I wanted or wanted to try). It only took a few hours so obviously the torrent is very healthy. :D
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

dreamcast4ever83 wrote:
Gamba Cyborg wrote:emurozii, TuxTheWise's Dreamcast releases can be find via torrent now.

Have a look here:

Im confused? What is this exactly? I download and backup my dreamcast games all the time as well as some homebrew on dcisozone but what is this exact realease?

a fellow who goes by the handle "Tuxthewise" repacked a bunch of Dreamcast rips and isos in order to provide shorter loading times, less wear and tear on the GD motor, and generally just be awesome. the releases from Tux are regarded as the best way to play DC games if you're going to use backups. sometimes his backups perform a little better than commercial discs, if i recall correctly.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
dreamcast4ever83
128-bit

aaron wrote:
dreamcast4ever83 wrote:

Have a look here:

a fellow who goes by the handle "Tuxthewise" repacked a bunch of Dreamcast rips and isos in order to provide shorter loading times, less wear and tear on the GD motor, and generally just be awesome. the releases from Tux are regarded as the best way to play DC games if you're going to use backups. sometimes his backups perform a little better than commercial discs, if i recall correctly.

Sweet! ok so if im not using backups do i need a sd card reader for the dreamcast to load them on? Do i just need to download one of the dreamcast app's at dcisozone?
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

dreamcast4ever83 wrote:Sweet! ok so if im not using backups do i need a sd card reader for the dreamcast to load them on? Do i just need to download one of the dreamcast app's at dcisozone?

um. well, basically these are packaged for usage with self-booting CD-Rs. so there's no need for an SD card reader. i'm not sure if that method has been ultra successful yet anyway.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
dreamcast4ever83
128-bit

So do i download one by one as normal then? and there just quicker load times and better for the dreamcast laser
Genesis Knight
32-bit

Post by Genesis Knight »

According the ReviveDC guys, Tux actually lied about some of his rips and stole work from others. Check out the NFOs on their releases for more info.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

According the ReviveDC guys, Tux actually lied about some of his rips and stole work from others. Check out the NFOs on their releases for more info.

This is true.

RDC will become the new standard for years to come for high quality ISOs and exclusive releases that no other group has yet to offer.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I really like the unique RDC releases... like the English translation of Puzzle Fighter, the version of SFII that uses the remix soundtrack that Overclock Remix did, or the "offline" version of SFIII.