Sega's Upcoming Handheld -- Real or No? Vote!

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast

Do you think Sega will release this handheld?

Yes, please, yes!
14%
Not sure -- anything's possible
36%
No -- not a chance!
50%

Total votes: 14

lunar
24-bit

Post by lunar »

nice idea, but it sounds like it would appeal mainly to a niche audience.
Mega-Dan
24-bit

only if it has a hard drive

Post by Mega-Dan »

If it has a hard drive and uses downloads I could see it, otherwise I dont see how this would be a feasible move. I think a portable gameplayer with a harddrive that you buy the rights to play old games to would totally rock!
jemsic
24-bit

Post by jemsic »

I voted no, even though I really hope they release it. It justs seems like this would just get my hopes up and let me down. But if it is true, then you can find me at gamestop tomorrow reserving one.
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

I say possibly... but lean towards no a lot. Mainly because of the speak about Saturn emulation... and DC as well!? But it's cartridge based? How the hell is this going to work?

Are you saying I have to invest a lot of money in a 1 gig mini SD card (which aren't cheap) and can fit 1 maybe two games on it? Nevermind the fact... where are these games going to come from? Bootlegs? Sega wouldn't endorse that! Anyways, even if it were that way. YEY I get to rewrite to my SD card constantly and kill it within a month or two!!!! AWESOME!
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

eeh -- it turns out to be another April Fools thing.
Read the comments on the blog page for details.
Man, I hate that holiday.
neohx_7
64-bit

Post by neohx_7 »

racketboy wrote:eeh -- it turns out to be another April Fools thing.
Read the comments on the blog page for details.
Man, I hate that holiday.

Thats because you aren't jaded enough! Maybe theres a conspiracy against SEGA fans this time.
Wanderer - Vega
16-bit

Post by Wanderer - Vega »

I think Nintendo would see it as a backstab if they did this..plus it would be an extremely huge gamble to launch only a short time after the DS Lite.

Anyway, it would be amazing if this were true. Imagine if they made it so the titles you purchased on your Rev could be played on this badboy..now that would be cool! I wouldn't be suprised if sometime down the road(we're talking 2-3 years) Sega launched a handheld based on the positive response of the soon to be Revolution downloads.

Ah, well..I can dream.