Can't do Saturn swap trick

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
rattboi
24-bit

Can't do Saturn swap trick

Post by rattboi »

Hey, I just finally got my saturn crap back together, and I got a copy of Silhouette Mirage, so I thought I'd try the swap trick.

I have a V1 US Saturn, with the oval buttons and the access light. I used an 80 minute cd which I burned at 16x. I thought maybe that's a bit fast, but the saturn bios cd player can play the audio files fine, without problems.

So, I booted with the copy in, swapped for Virtual On (real saturn game) after the first set of 6-7 access light blinks, that spun up, and it blinks another 3 times quickly. I immediately swapped for the copy again, and nothing. If I do it too early, it goes into the bios and is identified as non-saturn. If I wait too late, I get locked at a "Sega" screen, which I assume is partially loaded from Virual On.

Any hints? Or even better, a swap trick video like the V2 one for my dumb ass?
rattboi
24-bit

Post by rattboi »

Ah, I just realized maybe the game is JP or EU or something. I don't have the EMS Action Replay 4in1 or anything, and I didn't patch it. How can I check what region my image is?

If I try a wrong region, what are the symptoms?
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

Use saturn region patcher to check the region and patch it if needed. Make sure you're doing the saturn swap trick correctly, also check that the disc has been burned correctly by trying it in a Saturn EMU such as Cassini. Usually the Saturn says something along the lines of 'Disc is not compatible with this system' if the swap trick was performed correctly but the disc isn't in the correct region for the system.
rattboi
24-bit

Post by rattboi »

Problem solved.

It turns out it was just a bad ISO. I tried it on the Patcher and it said it wasn't a valid Saturn ISO. I tried Sonic R instead, and it worked.
Pullmyfinger
Next-Gen

Post by Pullmyfinger »

If you got Silhouette Mirage from this forum, you got the PSX version
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Pullmyfinger wrote:If you got Silhouette Mirage from this forum, you got the PSX version

Yeah, that could be an issue :)
rattboi
24-bit

Post by rattboi »

fuck fuck fuck :P

Yep, I did