SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
zajithehawk

Re: Assault Suit Leynos 2 appreciation

by zajithehawk Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:10 pm

yeeeesssss!! :lol: The gaming gods have smiled upon me my friends...

I finally was able to unlock the last suit...and get an A rank on the last boss.

I'm fairly certain that you must beat level 6 with at least a B and then immediately beat the final boss with an A rank without continuing. I did this with the alpha leynos(#3) suit and beat the boss with L-20000 and MGX-10000 combo without getting hit.

I think the key is beating the stages 6-7 back to back without dying, and also the suit 3 is the only one I've used that produced the result of an A rank on stage 7.

Also the last suit is very interesting...Although it has the same weapon(wave lazer thing) as the boss on level 6, I don't think they are the same suit. Have to play again and look more closely.

Many thanks to you, wip3outguy7. I had pretty much given up on trying to unlock that last suit. You are the only person I have heard of to do so and your strategy proved invaluable...Enjoy Bulk Slash... thats one I have yet to play.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

by wip3outguy7 Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:32 pm

Congratulations! Glad to hear you finally did it! I'm still playing the hell out of Bulk Slash but when I make some spare time I will probably give this another go to see if I can replicate the run for the hell of it.
PresidentLeever
128-bit

by PresidentLeever Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:16 am

Hi. Me thinks you guys should have a go at recording those A-rank runs and post them on the internet. :)
Playing this for the first time and it's really growing on me. I kinda wish it wasn't as focused on ranks as it is, I had to give up on the 4th mission after a few tries because I hadn't figured out any of the mechanics and had like, straight Ds on the previous missions. Once you accept how it works though, it's pretty damn addicting trying to improve your score.
http://minirevver.weebly.com/ - Mini-reviews, retro vgm tribute, rom hacks, chip music, mockups, misc. lists
zajithehawk

by zajithehawk Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:23 pm

The games not as hard as people make it out to be...and if you follow what was posted, unlocking all the mechs isn't that hard either. I had a much harder time trying to get all A's on the missions but it really isn't necessary to unlock everything as long as you do what was posted.

I don't have the equipment to post a good video, but if you follow what was posted you should be able to unlock everything.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

by wip3outguy7 Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:50 pm

Maybe I'll warm up and go for some solid runs to post on Youtube.
PresidentLeever
128-bit

by PresidentLeever Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:19 pm

zajithehawk wrote:The games not as hard as people make it out to be...and if you follow what was posted, unlocking all the mechs isn't that hard either. I had a much harder time trying to get all A's on the missions but it really isn't necessary to unlock everything as long as you do what was posted.

Yeah you're right, with enough practice I should be able to get there.
But there is also the entertainment value of a (near) perfect run, which I'm not able to do at the moment, and such a great game deserves more recognition, no? :)

wip3outguy7: Awesome, looking forward to that run!
http://minirevver.weebly.com/ - Mini-reviews, retro vgm tribute, rom hacks, chip music, mockups, misc. lists
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

by wip3outguy7 Wed May 07, 2014 7:51 pm

corn619 wrote:If you don't mind a digital download its seems you can buy it here. http://www.dl-market.com/product_info.p ... s_id=47936

And now you can have it in English: http://www.playism-games.com/games/gunhound/
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Wed May 07, 2014 8:30 pm

For a second there I thought you meant someone made an English patch of Leynos 2 and I nearly shit myself.

Though I always wanted to play Gunhound too so that's cool... :lol:

Edit: Holy crap thanks for posting this. Amazing game, like the Assault Suits series only with much faster action. I love it so far!
MrPopo

by MrPopo Wed May 07, 2014 9:45 pm

It's on sale for 33% off on Steam today, apparently. Totally purchased.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Wed May 07, 2014 9:57 pm

MrPopo wrote:It's on sale for 33% off on Steam today, apparently. Totally purchased.

I don't know if I'm fast enough to stop you but if you buy it from Playism you get a DRM free version they throw in a Steam key for free.
Return to Sega