BBC Kicks Off Shenmue III Campaign

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
SegaVega
24-bit

Post by SegaVega »

I think it would be hard for even Sega to steer Jet Set wrong with the Wii controller. I'd bet it would work out amazingly, but it probably isn't ever going to happen.

In any event...

Mozgus wrote:I'd rather they didn't screw with things I have nice memories of.

Shenmue Online.
Zalphier
24-bit

Post by Zalphier »

We can only wish that shenmue III comes out. I was kind of disappointed when Shenmue 2 wasn't made NTSC-U, but was quite releived when it came out for xbox.
Also...
I love JGR, but I Love JGRF even more. While the games are very similar, They hold great differences. I still have the songs stuck in my head today. This game is what made roller blading cool to me. I've even thought that it would be awesome to have jet boosters stuck in them, but I never did that, for the fear that it wouldn't work, and tear my feet off, and be on the 9:oo news for all to see. Clever me, for thinking things through.
metaleggman
128-bit

Post by metaleggman »

Eh, seems like a perfect release for the Wii :)
Really, I think, considering they did some alright stuff on the GCN, the Wii is the perfect console for SEGA to kindof be reborn on. And hey, maybe if they do well on the Wii, we may just get that DreamCast II :)
grittykitty
forever 16-bit

Post by grittykitty »

while i don't see it likely at this point, shenmue 3 on the wii would be awesome with the controller. it'd be even better if they included some extra motion-sensor controllers with the game - image actually having to jump (!!) during the QTE's :D the minigames and fight scenes making use of the controller would make the game appeal to a whole new crowd as well
metaleggman
128-bit

Post by metaleggman »

grittykitty wrote:while i don't see it likely at this point, shenmue 3 on the wii would be awesome with the controller. it'd be even better if they included some extra motion-sensor controllers with the game - image actually having to jump (!!) during the QTE's :D the minigames and fight scenes making use of the controller would make the game appeal to a whole new crowd as well
Well, with 4 wii remots and a bunch of velcro straps you could put one on each of your arms and legs. Then you would have pretty much full motion and stuff. Be expensive tho, considering those things are 40 bucks a pop. :cry:
Flake

Re:

Post by Flake »

Mozgus wrote:Eh, good luck to them, but I don't see it happening.

The things you find when you deep dive the forum archives looking for a random thread. TIL that Mozgus was super wrong 13 years ago.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
Reprise
Next-Gen

Re: BBC Kicks Off Shenmue III Campaign

Post by Reprise »

And not a single one of these links still works. In fact, one now redirects to a malicious domain. Yay, viruses!

So what was the story?
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Re: Re:

Post by Mozgus »

Flake wrote:
Mozgus wrote:Eh, good luck to them, but I don't see it happening.

The things you find when you deep dive the forum archives looking for a random thread. TIL that Mozgus was super wrong 13 years ago.

Haha, it would seem so. Unfortunately the game ended up being just a repulsive carrot on a string, so I wish I got that one right.
marurun

Post by marurun »

He lives! He's not a zombie! How can this happen?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

marurun wrote:He lives! He's not a zombie! How can this happen?

Liquor, probably, I dunno.