SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Re: Grandia Saturn Translation Patch?

by Nemoide Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:50 pm

I'll echo sentiments of loving to see some a fan-translation of Grandia. I'm a big Saturn fan and think it would be pretty dang cool. But I'm not holding my breath.
msimplay
64-bit

by msimplay Sun May 06, 2018 1:01 pm

It could happen after the others I've read Lunar is getting a translation and since the thread started Policenauts and Dragon Force 2 have been translated.
Shining force 3 is on version 19 as of April 5th, 2018. I'm still holding onto hope
keptquisling

by keptquisling Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:55 pm

Patch for disc 1 has already been released http://segaxtreme.net/threads/translati ... 330/page-4
Saskatoonguy
8-bit

by Saskatoonguy Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:54 am

An English translation patch for Saturn has been completed as of January 2021. They have used the PSX text for this translation.
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:09 am

I have been playing it and am near the end of the first disc - currently sailing across the Sea of Mermaids.
I have had no issues and am not using the latest patch, I think I am using 0.9.2... It has been working flawlessly on real hardware and an RB Modchip.
I played through the PSX version back when we played for Together Retro and never finished it. I don't know if it's biased for the Saturn, but this version seems smoother and looks better on my CRT than the PSX one did.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
IrishNinja
64-bit

by IrishNinja Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:56 pm

SpaceBooger wrote:I have been playing it and am near the end of the first disc - currently sailing across the Sea of Mermaids.
I have had no issues and am not using the latest patch, I think I am using 0.9.2... It has been working flawlessly on real hardware and an RB Modchip.
I played through the PSX version back when we played for Together Retro and never finished it. I don't know if it's biased for the Saturn, but this version seems smoother and looks better on my CRT than the PSX one did.

as someone that never quite finished the PSX version, this is awesome to hear. it doesn't use the VCD card does it?
marurun

by marurun Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:13 pm

It does not use the VCD card.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Return to Sega