High-Res Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time
Wouldn’t be great to take one of the Games That Pushed The Limits of the N64 and push it even further with an N64 Emulator Plugin?
The long awaited mod that takes The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time and updates the graphics with hi-res textures has been released. Of course, you will need a ROM of the game and a compatible emulator to run it…but it’s worth it! This shouldn’t be missed. Check out the later pages on the forum thread to see some glorious screenshots.
Looks good, but a little TOO high-res for me. I would rather play in on my Gamecube. The Collectors Edition disc – with component cables and it looks awesome.
Here’s a guide I found on how to install the package:
- Emulator. You need an N64 emulator. If you don’t know anything about this, leave now. Use Project 64 or 1964.
- A copy of the EUROPEAN ROM FILE. While the US version works, it is buggy when the patch is added, and since the creator uses EUR, i suggest getting this.
- Download Rice’s Video Plugin The link is on the page. Unzip all files anywhere, remove readmes, and put all DLL’s in the Plugin folder of your emulator, and put the BMGlibPNG.dll in the root, otherwise it wont work, and you will spend hours trying other emulators until you realize how stupid you are
- Create a folder in plugin or plugins whatever called “hires_texture” then, in this folder, create a folder called “The Legend Of Zelda”. all files for Zelda will now go in this folder.
- Download the patch and unzip to “The Legend Of Zelda”
- Load the Rice PLugin in the emulator, and go into options. Show advanced options, and hit ok. Go back to that menu, and click on Textures.
- Check the box to enable high res textures when available. Hit save, ok, or whaever. Load the rom file. The game should now be running.