Burning BIN/CUE and ISO/MP3 Images with Nero
I’ve whipped up a handy tutorial for those of you that are new to burning ISO files for classic console games.
I have included some simple steps and have included screenshots for clarification.
So here we go…
- In Windows Explorers, open the folder on your hard drive that contains your compressed game files.
- Click on the game you wish to burn to select the RAR file.
- Right-click that file and select the “Extract Here” option on the menu. (Screenshot)
- You will now see a box pop up that shows WinRAR’s progress in extracting your game files. (Screenshot)
- After WinRAR has finished extracting your game files, you will find a number of files added to the directory you are viewing.
If you have one BIN and one CUE file, that means you have a BIN/CUE image (obviously) (Screenshot)
If you have and ISO file, one or more MP3 files, and hopefully one CUE file, you have an ISO/MP3 image. (Screenshot)
If you don’t have a CUE file, you will need to make one, but I will have to leave that explaination for another tutorial
- Once you have your files extracted, you need to start up Nero Burning ROM.
- Once you are in the program, go to the “File” menu and select “Open” (Screenshot)
- In the newly opened “Open” box, you will need to browse for the folder that contains your game files. (Screenshot)
- Once you have reached your folder, you need to click on the drop-down box called “Files of Type” and select “Image Files (*.nrg, *.iso, *.cue)”. (Screenshot)
- Now that you have selected “Image Files”, you should now see a CUE file show up in the “Open” box. Double click this CUE file. (Screenshot)
- This will bring up the “Burn Compilation” box. (Screenshot) Make sure you select your desired speed (for older consoles, I suggest staying under 8X) and the desired number of copies. Once you are content with those option, just click the “Burn” button. Then wait several minutes for the disc to burn and you’re done. That’s it!
If you would like to purchase a copy of Nero and would like to help my site out at the same time, check out the Amazon.com link below.