What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ack

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by Ack »

I guess. That was some of the most blatant product placement I've ever seen in a film. And Reynolds' speech about it certainly didn't make it any better.

I really don't like Blade Trinity. It's like watching LARPers play Vampire: The Masquerade, only not as cool.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Ack wrote:I really don't like Blade Trinity.

Well, it is a terrible movie.

When I watched BLADE my line of thought was "This isn't half bad...Okay, this is pretty alright". With BLADE II I thought "This is going to go somewhere great". And then Trinity dropped the ball big time.

Not that the first two were great, but they certainly built up momentum.

Goyer is incredible, so it is incredible that he directed Trinity.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

They shouldn't have bothered really, easy buck or no.. And why is Sam Rockwell's acting almost a phone-in? :lol: In fact, it's hard to take any of the cast "seriously" in the context that they're terrified. I've seen better performances in movies that cost 1% of this remake's budget.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

So I guess no one else here bothered watching "Zordon of Eltar"?

It's only 50 minutes long.

Also, "The Devil's Carnival: Alleluia" has been announced for an August release. And there's a new trailer.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re:

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

link343 wrote:I just saw The Dark Knight in Theaters. It was the best experience I've had at the theater ever! One thing that was strange, the theater was packed full, on its third week. But this was the last showing on a friday night. But it was very well done. Can't wait for #3.

That weird moment when you read this and want to reply with confusion, only to realize you are looking at page 1 from 2008.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

We're getting a movie based on the game Rampage starring "The Rock", and we've found our new Spider-Man that can do Spider-Man stuff. Good day for movie news.

If you've seen JURASSIC WORLD, and I think most Americans have, you've noticed how many nods to Spielberg the movie contains. But by far my favorite is...

how the climax of the dino fight is a nod to Jaws

It is a cleverly written and directed movie from beginning to end.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Luke wrote:We're getting a movie based on the game Rampage starring "The Rock", and we've found our new Spider-Man that can do Spider-Man stuff. Good day for movie news.

If you've seen JURASSIC WORLD, and I think most Americans have, you've noticed how many nods to Spielberg the movie contains. But by far my favorite is...

how the climax of the dino fight is a nod to Jaws

It is a cleverly written and directed movie from beginning to end.

I've taken to calling this movie "dinosaurgasm".
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

I just saw Jurassic World today; it's VERY DUMB and VERY AWESOME. I totally loved it partly because of how dumb it was. The whole thing with Indominus Rex made me think "I took nature's most perfect killing machine and needlessly turned it into a robot."

I'm pretty amused that it's making as much money as it is. It's everything I would want from a Jurassic Park sequel and while that's a pretty low bar, it meets that low bar WITH THE FORCE OF A CHARGING TRICERATOPS!
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Nemoide wrote:I just saw Jurassic World today; it's VERY DUMB and VERY AWESOME.

That was 2/3rds of the equation, and they nailed it.

Can't wait to see how Pratt takes on the role of Indiana Jones. He really is becoming the Harrison Ford for millennials, but is even more easier to identify with. He's a lady's man, but a man's man. Quirky, spacey, but seems like a nice guy.

For all I know he's a dick, but I haven't seen an interview with him where he comes off as one. That's rare in an age where entitled kids dress as "white Batman" to formal events and want all the focus on them.

OH! Forgot to mention that projectcasting.com is wide open and is looking for lots of extras for the new Ghostbuster movie. If you live around the Boston area, or simply want to be in a movie (would make for a great trip), check it out. You never know. When someone says "I saw the new Ghostbusters movie" you might be able to say "And I was in it!".
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Fun fact: our very own nintendork666 was in extra in Scream 4. So proud.