Crazi Taxi
Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage
Zombie Revenge
Jet Grind Radio
9/9/99
It's thinking
480p resolution
VMUs

Lot of good memories. Feels like the DC was the last time I truly felt a lot of hype for a console release. DC was ahead of its time, foreshadowing many things that are now standard like high resolution, online connectivity, game updates. Sega's always been ahead of the curve, but their timing seems to always be awful.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Re: Games Acquired 2024

Post by Raging Justice »

Got my amazon copy of Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown for the Switch. I would have appreciated it if they DIDN'T put it on the floor though. *Sigh*

Anyway, I have heard many good things about this game. It's a return to 2d and everything I have heard indicates that the Switch port is very good, it may have even been the target platform for development.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I got a copy of Slave Zero for Dreamcast in the mail today. It is one of those rare DC games that you can still get shipped to your house for like $15. My understanding is that it is a somewhat middling 3D action platformer published by Infogrames in 1999.

Someone apparently loved the lore or something, IDK, because the game’s getting a rad looking prequel, Slave Zero X, across almost all platforms next month. (The prequel is a 2.5D action platformer…<swoon>) The prequel to the prequel is, apparently, a totally awesome, Bethesda-approved Quake mod:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/this-free-quake-mod-is-also-a-prequel-to-hack-n-slash-slave-zero-x-which-is-a-prequel-to-a-1999-mech-game

In short, Slave Zero is randomly having a moment right now; so, I decided to pick up a copy of the original game.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:I got a copy of Slave Zero for Dreamcast in the mail today. It is one of those rare DC games that you can still get shipped to your house for like $15. My understanding is that it is a somewhat middling 3D action platformer published by Infogrames in 1999.

Someone apparently loved the lore or something, IDK, because the game’s getting a rad looking prequel, Slave Zero X, across almost all platforms next month. (The prequel is a 2.5D action platformer…<swoon>) The prequel to the prequel is, apparently, a totally awesome, Bethesda-approved Quake mod:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/this-free-quake-mod-is-also-a-prequel-to-hack-n-slash-slave-zero-x-which-is-a-prequel-to-a-1999-mech-game

In short, Slave Zero is randomly having a moment right now; so, I decided to pick up a copy of the original game.

Wow, interesting! I had no idea that Slave Zero was getting a prequel all these years later.

I have the original and yeah, it's a fairly average, run of the mill action shooter. It's not bad at all and fun enough, but it's basically a typical 6/10 game from that period. I hear the PC version was better (easier to control, better graphics and more stable FPS etc). Maybe I'll play it again before the prequel is out.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

New pick up time.

January 2024:
Project Overkill (PS1)
Under Defeat (Dreamcast)
Bleach: The Blade of Fate (DS)

Picked this up for £12.79. It's a fighting game made by Treasure, who are one of my favourite developers. They did an anime fighting game on the Mega Drive called Yu Yu Hakusho (based on the popular manga series), which is one of my favourite fighting games from the 16 bit era (look it up if you haven't heard of it, as it's so good!). This DS game really reminded me of Yu Yu Hakusho, so I had to pick it up.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

Markies' Games Acquired List Of 2024!

1. Child Of Eden (PS3)
2. Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising (NS)

I added Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising for the Nintendo Switch this afternoon.

I absolutely loved all of the Suikoden games that were released on the PS1/PS2. They were some of the first games that I played on those consoles when I first started getting into them. So, when I saw the Kickstarter for a Spiritual Successor in the form of Eiyuden Chronicle, I was instantly excited. Apparently, my friend noticed that too because he decided to back the Kickstarter for two copies, one for himself and one for me. It has been delayed a couple of months, but that was going to be my birthday present. I was happy for the delay because I now have time to play this prequel before the main game comes out later this year. I'm in a bit of a time crunch, but I still very excited to play through this one and the other one later this year.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I got a little behind on my updates lol

Acquired in 2024 so far - 8 Games; 6 physical, 2 digital
(physical is in regular font, digital is in italics)

January (8 Games Acquired; 6 physical, 2 digital)
The Hundred Year Kingdom (Switch)
Persona 3 Portable (Switch)
Senren*Banka (Switch)
Akai Katana Shin (Switch)
Mario+Rabbids: Sparks of Hope (Switch)
Outbreak Collection Part 2 (Switch)
Plumbers Don't Wear Ties (Switch)
Silver Falls: Guardians and Metal Exterminators S (Switch)

New for January 16
Senren*Banka (Switch)
Akai Katana Shin (Switch)

New for January 17
Mario+Rabbids: Sparks of Hope (Switch)

New for January 21
Outbreak Collection Part 2 (Switch)
Plumbers Don't Wear Ties (Switch)

New for January 22
Silver Falls: Guardians and Metal Exterminators S (Switch)
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

emwearz 2024 Pickups
Running Total: $16.25AUD / ~ $10.69USD
Mortal Kombat XL (PS4) - $5.00AUD / $3.29USD
Fable II (360) - $2.00AUD / $1.32USD via
Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup (PS2) - $5.00AUD / $3.29USD
Final Fantasy XII (PS2) - $4.25AUD / $2.80USD

*all ebay prices include postage

Mortal Kombat XL (PS4) - $5.00AUD / $3.29USD via Thrift Store
Fable II (360) - $2.00AUD / $1.32USD via Thrift Store
Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup (PS2) - $5.00AUD / $3.29USD via Thrift Store
Nothing amazing, but but solid additions. I have been seeing quite a few games out and about at thrift stores recently, but the prices have been pretty close to retail or in some cases above. I saw an a loose copy of the original Game & Watch Gallery for $60 at the same store that had Fable II for $2, happier with my buy.

Final Fantasy XII (PS2) - $4.25AUD / $2.80USD via Thrift Store
I am trying to collect different case variants / versions of Final Fantasy games, I didn't have this one so into the collection it goes! Bloody ugly though.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

On the subject of variant covers, I was thinking about getting the Euro release of Starlink: Battle for Atlas because it has cool cover art featuring Fox, a neat little cover that is specific to the Switch version of the game since it's the only version with the Starfox content. Unfortunately, I would go on to discover that the physical version of Starlink on the Switch only allows you to play the starting planet if you don't download the mandatory update. I know there's a big warning on the box about a mandatory download, but I always assumed if was either for updates/patches or related to unlocking some of the pilots and ships.

I bring this up for the irony. Everyone says the switch version of Starlink is the best version of the game because you can play as Fox and get exclusive content featuring the Starfox characters. Yet from a physical collecting standpoint, the Switch version is the WORST version of the game since you can't actually play the game offline. On PS4, the whole campaign is available offline and most of the the pilots, ships, etc. that are locked can presumably be unlocked if you have the toys. So all game content can be accessed offline.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Picked up some new stuff this week. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is particularly in very nice condition. I wanted Star Ocean Second Story r for a while. Gungrave and Killzone were mostly impulse purchases. Actually, they all were... :lol:

January 2024:
Project Overkill (PS1)
Under Defeat (Dreamcast)
Bleach: The Blade of Fate (DS)
Killzone (PS2)
Gungrave (PS2)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA)