Games Acquired 2024

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Reprise
Next-Gen

Re: Games Acquired 2024

Post by Reprise »

I want to pick it up precisely for that reason. Even if the remake isn't perfect, having the original game as an option instead is great. Particularly as the original game can be a bit on the expensive side if you were to pick it up for the Mega Drive.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
marurun

Post by marurun »

I do think the original is on the Genesis Mini, though.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Reprise wrote:Particularly as the original game can be a bit on the expensive side if you were to pick it up for the Mega Drive.

I feel like everything is these days. The Switch is a modern console and already has several games that are expensive I'm discovering. Old stuff is expensive. New stuff is expensive. Collecting can be a pain.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

1. The Legend of Oasis (SAT)
2. Kirby's Dream Land 2 (GB)
3. Trip World [Limited Run re-release] (GB)

Just wanted to share my February pick-ups!

Star Fox 64 (N64) - I still have my original cartridge, manual, and rumble pak from around the time it was released, but I wanted to grab a box for it, as it's one of my favorite games on the system. Finally came across a CIB copy and went for it.

Panzer Dragoon II Zwei (SAT) - I really like the atmosphere of the first game, and have heard only good things about the sequel. Looking forward to putting more time into this one. I was impressed with what I've played so far!

Sonic Adventure [Sega All Stars Edition] (DC) - I've had problems with my original retail copy of Sonic Adventure since DC's launch, and I never replaced it. Well, now I finally have a copy that works on my console!

NBA 2K (DC) - Another collector in my area was selling some DC games and accessories, so I decided to pick this up on the cheap. I never checked out the Sega sports games back then, so I want to see what the line has to offer. Also, as a Knicks fan it's cool to have a game where they're ranked highly! (They went to the finals in '99!)
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

marurun wrote:I do think the original is on the Genesis Mini, though.

It is on one of them, yeah. I forget which one.

Raging Justice wrote:I feel like everything is these days. The Switch is a modern console and already has several games that are expensive I'm discovering. Old stuff is expensive. New stuff is expensive. Collecting can be a pain.

That's true. I am surprised that the Switch has some 'rare' games that can sell for quite a bit of money, and I am talking about normal retail releases, not even just games released by 'Limited Run Games' and other similar companies.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

February update:

January:
El Viento Mega Drive
Total: 1 game

February:
Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon Switch
Total: 1 game

Still doing well at not buying too much and focusing on beating stuff instead, but I'm off to a retro game market this month so sure that will change in March :lol:
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

Markies' Games Acquired List Of 2024!

1. Child Of Eden (PS3)
2. Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising (NS)

3. The Punisher (GEN)

I added The Punisher for the Sega Genesis this afternoon.

The Punisher has probably been my most wanted Genesis game for several years. Unfortunately, when the Pandemic hit the Retro Gaming Market, the price shot through the roof and I thought it would be gone forever. However, thankfully, prices have slowly begun to dwindle down and so did the price of the Punisher. While looking for the next Genesis game to buy, I checked eBay and was able to find a reasonably priced one. Happy to finally have it my collection, I decided to spend the extra money and own one of the games that I have been looking for several years now.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Reprise wrote:
marurun wrote:I do think the original is on the Genesis Mini, though.

It is on one of them, yeah. I forget which one.

Raging Justice wrote:I feel like everything is these days. The Switch is a modern console and already has several games that are expensive I'm discovering. Old stuff is expensive. New stuff is expensive. Collecting can be a pain.

That's true. I am surprised that the Switch has some 'rare' games that can sell for quite a bit of money, and I am talking about normal retail releases, not even just games released by 'Limited Run Games' and other similar companies.

Yeah, I try not to get jaded. Doesn't help that I've learned recently that the concept of sealed being perfect, mint, condition copies of a game is bullocks. I have bought a few Switch games in the past two or three months that were brand new and sealed, only to open them and find some damage or wear and tear on the contents inside. I had pre-ordered that new Prince of Persia game and got it on release day, one of the inserts inside had a sharp, horizontal line in the middle like someone had pressed it against a knife or something. You can see it on the opposite side too so it almost went right through the paper. It's very noticeable and a real eye sore.

I've had cartridges where the plastic has this weird, smudgy look. Apparently they came out of the factory that way. I finally opened up a brand new collector's edition of Huntdown that I acquired like a year or two ago from Limited Run games to find damage on the instruction manual and on the packaging for the action figure. I even saw an unboxing of this collector's edition online where the guy's figure wasn't even properly sealed into the package. The plastic part that holds the figure just fell off of the card because they never glued it. I'm also getting used to opening brand new, sealed, Switch games and finding fraying, creases, cuts, and other defects on the instruction manuals.

Quality control today is non-existent and people are deluding themselves thinking their sealed, graded game that they are never going to open represents perfect, mint condition for everything. It's Schrödinger's cat, you don't know what condition anything is in if you don't open it.

Things are even worse in the action figure industry. I see online all the time how a bunch of people will buy a certain figure and random people gets ones with loose joints, parts put in wrong, bad paint jobs, chipped paint, etc, etc. Happened to me once where I bought a figure and when I opened the box it's like some of the paint from the figure was on the box. One person will get a perfect figure, another person won't. It's completely random. I used to see people in that community complain all the time about QC and I was like, "What the hell does QC mean?" and then I learned it's just short hand for the frequent quality control issues they encounter.
marurun

Post by marurun »

What’s new is old, what’s old is new. These QC complaints are as old as manufacturing itself.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Raging Justice wrote:Things are even worse in the action figure industry. I see online all the time how a bunch of people will buy a certain figure and random people gets ones with loose joints, parts put in wrong, bad paint jobs, chipped paint, etc, etc. Happened to me once where I bought a figure and when I opened the box it's like some of the paint from the figure was on the box. One person will get a perfect figure, another person won't. It's completely random.

Oh yeah, been there :lol:

I had a peg on a figure literally snap and break 10 seconds after taking it out of the box.