Alien Resurrection cheat allows playing burned backups

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Alien Resurrection cheat allows playing burned backups

Post by Raging Justice »

The price on this game seems to have skyrocketed now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRB7iUCX4KQ
Note
Next-Gen

Re: Alien Resurrection cheat allows playing burned backups

Post by Note »

I watched this video the other day out of curiosity, and it's cool the game has this feature, but the cheat is so long winded. I feel like there's probably easier ways to play back-ups nowadays!

Also, with the availability of the X-Station ODE, I think more people will be going that route, as opposed to CD-Rs.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

This would have been awesome if you knew about it back in the day. But these days, there's so many easier and faster ways to boot a backup. But I was actually more interested in watching that gameplay footage lol. I didn't have a PS1 back when it was relavant, and I never heard of this game before (or at least seen gameplay footage of it). It looks like it might be worth checking out! Cheat code aside.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Ziggy mirrors my thoughts, there are so many different and easy options to play PS1 backups that it doesn't mean a great deal today, still very cool though.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

1 video increasd the going rate by $320, That's just nuts, like you guys said, there are easier ways lol.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Yeah, it's too bad the video of this code skyrocketed the game price. Lol.

The game actually looks fun too!
Ack

Post by Ack »

The spike on the price chart is hilarious. It's an entertaining fact, but maybe hold off and see what this is doing come February.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

By some coincidence, an independent retro online store I frequently use had a copy of this in stock a week or so ago, not long before this video was uploaded and the cheat was revealed. I was actually thinking about buying it, as I am a big fan of Alien Trilogy and I have heard good (albeit some mixed) things about this one. It's one of the first console FPSs to use modern dual stick controls and from what I have seen and read, it's supposed to be quite interesting.

Anyways, it was about £20, which wasn't a bad price at all for a complete copy in good condition. I am kinda annoyed now this cheat was revealed :lol: I instantly went to buy the copy I was watching, knowing what was about to happen and, of course, it was gone. I then went to CeX's website and they had gone from about 15 copies in stock to zero! I checked eBay and yup, all cleared out and people now asking for £50, £60, £70 upwards for copies! Insane.

I hope the hype dies down in a month or two and the price comes down again.

People are mad. There are way easier ways of playing back ups. The cheat is super convoluted.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
gavin1yshafi

Post by gavin1yshafi »

Reprise wrote:By some coincidence, an independent retro online store I frequently use had a copy of this in stock a week or so ago, not long before this video was uploaded and the cheat was revealed. I was actually thinking about buying it, as I am a big fan of Alien Trilogy and I have heard good (albeit some mixed) things about this one. It's one of the first console FPSs to use modern dual stick controls and from what I have seen and read, it's supposed to be quite interesting.

Anyways, it was about £20, which wasn't a bad price at all for a complete copy in good condition. I am kinda annoyed now this cheat was revealed :lol: I instantly went to buy the copy I was watching, knowing what was about to happen and, of course, it was gone. This is already normal, wow. I can't even imagine this. I'm just getting goosebumps right now. I also sometimes but not as often as I would like. Everything has its own rules. In general, I like your opinion. That's how it should be I then went to CeX's website and they had gone from about 15 copies in stock to zero! I checked eBay and yup, all cleared out and people now asking for £50, £60, £70 upwards for copies! Insane.

People are mad. There are way easier ways of playing back ups. The cheat is super convoluted.

20 pounds? I thought it would cost a lot more! :shock:
Last edited by gavin1yshafi on Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

gavin1yshafi wrote:
Reprise wrote:By some coincidence, an independent retro online store I frequently use had a copy of this in stock a week or so ago, not long before this video was uploaded and the cheat was revealed. I was actually thinking about buying it, as I am a big fan of Alien Trilogy and I have heard good (albeit some mixed) things about this one. It's one of the first console FPSs to use modern dual stick controls and from what I have seen and read, it's supposed to be quite interesting.

Anyways, it was about £20, which wasn't a bad price at all for a complete copy in good condition. I am kinda annoyed now this cheat was revealed :lol: I instantly went to buy the copy I was watching, knowing what was about to happen and, of course, it was gone. I then went to CeX's website and they had gone from about 15 copies in stock to zero! I checked eBay and yup, all cleared out and people now asking for £50, £60, £70 upwards for copies! Insane.

20 pounds? I thought it would cost a lot more! :shock:

That was before the cheat was revealed and the steep rise that happened afterwards. It used to go for around £10-25 ish. Now you can expect to pay £60 for a copy without manual or £75 for a copy with manual :roll:
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328