Is The Completionist a fraud and a criminal?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Re: Is The Completionist a fraud and a criminal?

Post by Raging Justice »

Reprise wrote:I never know why people wait on Western physical releases in the cases when Japanese or Asian physical releases with English language options already exist. I suppose it depends how pricey the cost of importing is. I don't think it cost me much (if any) more to import Record of Lodoss War for Switch when that came out in Japan a few months before the Western release though.

Yeah, there is something to be said for shopping around as a physical collector and considering all of your options. You want Mega Man X 3 on cartridge? You can pay a fortune for the SNES version on ebay, or you can get the Rockman X Anniversary Collection on the Switch. You want Shantae and the Pirate's Curse? You can pay through the nose for the ridiculously overpriced Switch version, or you can get the still pricey but much more attainable 3ds version. Ironically, the 3ds version is the better one with the stereoscopic 3d that the game was designed for, but the Switch version is the one that sells for more. When I played the game on Switch (digitally, not physically) there were visual things that struck me as kind of odd, until i remembered that those elements were probably supposed to be in 3d.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

marurun

Post by marurun »

A few folks with more experience and knowledge regarding charities, accounting, etc... have indeed declared Jirard has a problem. Doesn't look like this is going away.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

There is a part of me that feels bad for him a little bit. I listened to a long phone call he had with two youtubers. Jirard sounded scared and a little desperate. I have noticed very few people sympathizing with him though. A lot of people think he's a scumbag now and think that his nice guy act all these years was fake.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

I feel bad for him too, but it is easy to see that he was lying and clear that what he said and did was by definition charity fraud. I think his intentions were always to do good, and for a good cause, and I fully believe he is a great guy. Still, piling more lies on top of the previous ones was a bad move, and especially threatening legal action against the whistleblowers did a lot of damage to his reputation. It's sad how it has and continues to go down. The less popular reaction Youtubers that are now fully jumping on the bandwagon are brutal in their coverage. The Completionist didn't deserve that.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
marurun

Post by marurun »

I don't know about the whole nice guy thing, because some people who have worked with him previously have talked about the people he surrounded himself with and how they weren't so very nice at all. He has also backed a couple people against accusations which ultimately proved true, or at least adequate to take them down. So he's got a history of surrounding himself with people who maybe aren't so nice to deal with and supporting people with troubled relationships with the truth, ethics, and good behavior. However nice he appears on-screen that's got to be an indication of something.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.