Is The Completionist a fraud and a criminal?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Reprise
Next-Gen

Re: Is The Completionist a fraud and a criminal?

Post by Reprise »

I started watching, but I always have to turn off a video as soon as they start saying "but first, a big thanks to this video's sponsor" and then spend several minutes talking about some shite mobile game or other crap no one gives a fuck about.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
marurun

Post by marurun »

For those who didn't read the article I shared, the summary is that it was written by a journalist who claims to have covered charities in the past, and the article isn't claiming Jobst and Anas aren't onto something, just that the lack of consulting with someone who has existing expertise in the charity space means that there's a possibility they aren't actually onto what they think they're onto. So I think the question of The Completionist and the Open Hand Foundation is very much unresolved and we need to know more.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I don't know who these ppl are. Most of these modern YouTube gaming dudes give me a bad vibe and I'm not going to watch their 30 minute wordcel diatribes. I like Jimmy Rolfe, Happy Canadian Console gamer, and SnnnnnnnnesDrunk.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I like Jimmy Rolfe, Happy Canadian Console gamer, and SnnnnnnnnesDrunk.

:D
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

SnnnnnnnesDrunk is awesome.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

Thumbs Up for SnnnnnnesDrunk! Best Retro Youtuber and the most informative as well.
I watch his old videos almost on a daily basis.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

aaaaand there it is:

https://noisypixel.net/sea-of-stars-pat ... letionist/

Now what's interesting is the game just came out physically in Asia (I have a copy), so he's still going to be in the game. I don't know if there is time to remove him from the non-asian physical release that comes out next year.

This is actually one of the reasons people like physical media. It preserves things as they originally were presented.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

SnesDrunk really helped me out while recently revising my shortlist of games for the 16-bit systems - really great content!
I nearly spit out my beer I was laughing so hard when I watched his video on Race Drivin', already knowing what a POS game it is. BTW, there's a SA-1 hack that really bumps up the FPS, but it's still a terrible game.

The main criticism against Karl and Mutahar was that they weren't familiar with accounting and legal documents, and therefore their findings weren't valid.
An accountant - The Certified Gaming Accountant decided to take a thorough look through some documents that are publicly available on the different associated foundations, and his conclusion is much worse than what the original guys were reporting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcpSdy7ucg0

Oh, and more of the initial phone interview made before the videos were released has been leaked.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

So I've noticed other people are of the belief that next year's physical release of Sea of Stars will have Jirard removed. So I guess that makes the Asian release the original, uncut if you will, version of the game. Given that the standard Asian release feels like an affordable collector's edition, I'm not sure why anyone would wait on the Western release anyway. I have also seen some salty kickstarter backers upset that everyone is getting TWO physical releases when they thought they'd be the only ones getting a physical release :lol:

I love it. I HATE when something is exclusive to just one group of people. Fuck pre order bonuses. Fuck kickstarter exclusives. Fuck, "we're only making 100 copies of the game" bullshit. Fuck all of it. Less FOMO in the world is a good thing.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I never know why people wait on Western physical releases in the cases when Japanese or Asian physical releases with English language options already exist. I suppose it depends how pricey the cost of importing is. I don't think it cost me much (if any) more to import Record of Lodoss War for Switch when that came out in Japan a few months before the Western release though.