Toy Collectors- Do you still play with your toys?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Re: Toy Collectors- Do you still play with your toys?

Post by Jagosaurus »

Man ... those Might Max guys were my go-to "car toy" as a kid lol. Many road trips with those things.

Yeah, I think there's some tricks to soaking and making them less sticky but I'm not overly worried about it.

Side note ... my old truck, part of the steering wheel had that same plastic chemical reaction happen and it would attract dust. Steering wheel cover FTW and I had to lysol whipe it every once in a while to get dust off. Gently, bc if you scrubbed some of the plastic coloring would come off. Was a huge pain. Saw the same from a channel I follow that covers older mobile platforms. Those early 2000s cell phones with rubber pieces are all sticky now :lol:
Golgo 14
128-bit

Post by Golgo 14 »

I recently found my 1978 Star Wars Cantina Playset. It was complete except for the cardboard backdrop, so I bought a reproduction on eBay and populated it with various figures from my collection. It's about 40% vintage figures, 40% from the modern lines, with a couple from other franchises thrown in for fun.

marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
Nexus-X
8-bit

Post by Nexus-X »

I’ve started collecting figures off and on again, though I stopped playing with them long ago. I loved GI Joe when I was a kid and the Classified line has been an excellent update. I try to stick with 1/12 size too, as I can still find vehicles and there are a lot of lines in this scale currently.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

So I did something that made my inner child very happy. I don't think I ever had a full set of all the lions from Voltron when I was young. Well I mentioned before in this thread the Carbotix Voltron set. This is something far beyond the Voltron toys we had available as kids. It's very expensive. However, I found an online site that sells collectibles (mostly Godzilla stuff) and they let you make regular payments on stuff so after a couple months of doing that, I finally got it!

I haven't taken it out of the box yet (it's HUGE by the way). I'm sort of nervous about handling a pricey item like this, but open it I shall once I muster up the courage LOL. I have a little curio with glass doors where I'll probably put the lions on display. I could form Voltron and have him standing on a piece of furniture, but I always kind of liked the lions more so than Voltron himself and they can fit comfortably into that glass curio and remain dust free. They wouldn't be able to fit in Voltron mode, the height would be too tall. When I get around to doing that maybe I'll post some pictures. This is what I'm talking about by the way:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/product/ ... ils/172170

So yeah, I won't be "playing" with this at all, but that's okay. I wanted it as a cool display piece to fill me with nostalgia whenever I look at it. Plus, I just love owning the "best" versions of things and this is generally considered to be just that for Voltron fans.

So they say this is the best Voltron set currently. There was a "Soul of Chogokin" set that was the former title holder. Maybe I'll try and get my hands on that as well one day. It's also pricey, but much less so than the Carbotix one
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Damn, that Volton looks sexy as hell.

I collect toys, but need to scale down a lot. Originally they were displayed in cabinets with glass doors, but the video game collection has grown tremendously over the last few years, which has meant moving the toys out and sticking them anywhere I can. Or in the case of some, putting them back into their boxes and storing them.

Speaking of Soul of Chogokin, I have the SoC Daizyujin and Dragon Ceasar (AKA Megazord and Dragonzord in the West). They're probably my favourite pieces.

Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Reprise wrote:Damn, that Volton looks sexy as hell.

I collect toys, but need to scale down a lot. Originally they were displayed in cabinets with glass doors, but the video game collection has grown tremendously over the last few years, which has meant moving the toys out and sticking them anywhere I can. Or in the case of some, putting them back into their boxes and storing them.

Speaking of Soul of Chogokin, I have the SoC Daizyujin and Dragon Ceasar (AKA Megazord and Dragonzord in the West). They're probably my favourite pieces.

Those look awesome. I've actually been wanting to collect some Power Rangers stuff too. I have a few Lightning Collection figures. I dig that Lord Drakkon figure. I need to get him to go along with my Ranger Slayer figure.

Golgo 14 wrote:I recently found my 1978 Star Wars Cantina Playset. It was complete except for the cardboard backdrop, so I bought a reproduction on eBay and populated it with various figures from my collection. It's about 40% vintage figures, 40% from the modern lines, with a couple from other franchises thrown in for fun.

Nice

Nexus-X wrote:I’ve started collecting figures off and on again, though I stopped playing with them long ago. I loved GI Joe when I was a kid and the Classified line has been an excellent update. I try to stick with 1/12 size too, as I can still find vehicles and there are a lot of lines in this scale currently.

There's a Storm Shadow from the Classified line that is awesome
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Raging Justice wrote:Those look awesome. I've actually been wanting to collect some Power Rangers stuff too. I have a few Lightning Collection figures. I dig that Lord Drakkon figure. I need to get him to go along with my Ranger Slayer figure.

Thanks. I have a lot of Power Rangers stuff and a lot of the Lightning Collection stuff, but so much of it is scattered all over the place, as I said. Somewhere up there (it must be out of shot) I have the other Drakkon figure (Evo 3?). I have Ranger Slayer too and a lot of the others. I have always really been drawn to the costume and zord designs in Power Rangers. I have some of the original old toys and also Legacy line Bandai did too, although I have boxed and put some away now.

I am considering selling some of it to be honest, as it's just kinda silly. The original Dino Megazord, for example, I own FOUR different versions of it now. The original DX model, the Legacy model, the SoC model and the recent ZAP release. Then I also have this re-designed version by Flame Toys pre-ordered too, which should be out next month if it isn't delayed again... It's just getting silly :lol:

Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Nexus-X
8-bit

Post by Nexus-X »

Raging Justice wrote:

Hell yeah there is. I’ve been debating getting him as I’ve mostly stuck with the military theme, avoiding ninjas and fantasy elements from the line in the later years. Well, I have Snake Eyes, but he’s Snake Eyes.

Yes the Jeep moves :lol:
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Nexus-X wrote:
Raging Justice wrote:

Hell yeah there is. I’ve been debating getting him as I’ve mostly stuck with the military theme, avoiding ninjas and fantasy elements from the line in the later years. Well, I have Snake Eyes, but he’s Snake Eyes.

Yes the Jeep moves :lol:

The jeep :lol:

I love it!
Nexus-X
8-bit

Post by Nexus-X »

Raging Justice wrote:So I did something that made my inner child very happy. I don't think I ever had a full set of all the lions from Voltron when I was young. Well I mentioned before in this thread the Carbotix Voltron set. This is something far beyond the Voltron toys we had available as kids. It's very expensive. However, I found an online site that sells collectibles (mostly Godzilla stuff) and they let you make regular payments on stuff so after a couple months of doing that, I finally got it!

I haven't taken it out of the box yet (it's HUGE by the way). I'm sort of nervous about handling a pricey item like this, but open it I shall once I muster up the courage LOL. I have a little curio with glass doors where I'll probably put the lions on display. I could form Voltron and have him standing on a piece of furniture, but I always kind of liked the lions more so than Voltron himself and they can fit comfortably into that glass curio and remain dust free. They wouldn't be able to fit in Voltron mode, the height would be too tall. When I get around to doing that maybe I'll post some pictures. This is what I'm talking about by the way:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/product/ ... ils/172170

So yeah, I won't be "playing" with this at all, but that's okay. I wanted it as a cool display piece to fill me with nostalgia whenever I look at it. Plus, I just love owning the "best" versions of things and this is generally considered to be just that for Voltron fans.

So they say this is the best Voltron set currently. There was a "Soul of Chogokin" set that was the former title holder. Maybe I'll try and get my hands on that as well one day. It's also pricey, but much less so than the Carbotix one

I don’t blame you, I would be very nervous handling that. Amazing set. It’s kind of how I feel handling Motoko. The Figma was so expensive and it only increases in price by the day. So I’ll repose it from time to time and I try to just leave it alone otherwise.