25%
We're All Doomed
29%

Total votes: 55

BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: February Together Retro Poll

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Ack wrote:Does anyone have suggestions for on rails shooters on Steam or GOG if that category wins? It would be super helpful to know my options.

You could do house of the dead overkill, rebel assault 1 and 2, cyberia, and rez. Those are all I can think of off the top of my head. House of the dead overkill comes in right at the 10 year mark, having come out in February 2009.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Ack

Post by Ack »

I thought the version of Rez on Steam had some updates that made it questionable, similar to the "port" of Wild Guns that added a ton of material.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Ack wrote:I thought the version of Rez on Steam had some updates that made it questionable, similar to the "port" of Wild Guns that added a ton of material.

There is just one added level that is free flying and it has all the high resolution options and a vr mode. Outside of the single level added there is not much different from the original work.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Oh no, it's a tie. I was okay with rail shooters in the lead. My wife mentioned House of the Dead 2 today ironically.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

The anticipation of this thing is killing me. I'm afraid it's gonna be a nail biter right up until the end.

I hope everyone has their potential choices picked out and set aside, cause I have no idea what it's going to be at this point.
nullPointer
128-bit

Post by nullPointer »

I voted for Doom and Collections. I'll have to put some thought into what rail shooter I might play, but I think I'm leaning towards Sin and Punishment. Not sure what systems (and/or virtual console releases) it's available on though, outside of the original N64 game.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

nullPointer wrote:I voted for Doom and Collections. I'll have to put some thought into what rail shooter I might play, but I think I'm leaning towards Sin and Punishment. Not sure what systems (and/or virtual console releases) it's available on though, outside of the original N64 game.

It’s on the Wii U!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
nullPointer wrote:I voted for Doom and Collections. I'll have to put some thought into what rail shooter I might play, but I think I'm leaning towards Sin and Punishment. Not sure what systems (and/or virtual console releases) it's available on though, outside of the original N64 game.

It’s on the Wii U!

woah, the actual N64 game is on Wii U? That's fantastic. I had no idea. I knew about the sequel on Wii, but the original on VC is awesome.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

So, the score is still tied as of this morning. Should I go ahead and put up the run-off poll now? Or are there still a couple of stragglers out there who haven't voted?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

In the event of a tie it reverts to Pokemon.