Just got a PSP 2000 what games should I play?

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
shwisha
32-bit

Just got a PSP 2000 what games should I play?

Post by shwisha »

A friend of mine just gave me his PSP. I've never had one. Which games do you recommend?
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Re: Just got a PSP 2000 what games should I play?

Post by SuperDerpBro »

LocoRoco
Child owned from a INTERNET GAS filled home.
nullPointer
128-bit

Post by nullPointer »

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles is a must play (IMO) if you're a Castlevania fan (it's a remastered version of Rondo of Blood which also includes unlockable versions of the original PCE version of the game as well as the full game of Symphony of the Night).

I myself recently finished Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions which is a great updated version of the original Final Fantasy Tactics.

LocoRoco is good as Derp pointed out, as are the Papaton games if you're looking for some (somewhat) casual pickup & play titles.

And not for nothing, but the PSP is a relatively easy system to softmod which of course opens up all sorts of portable play options (in the form of emulators and the like).
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

nullPointer wrote:Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles

/thread
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core was a lot of fun. I'd definitely recommend it.

Oh, right, Ys Seven, Ys: Oath in Felghana, and Ys: Ark of Napishtim are all on there. You could make the argument that the first two are best played on PC, and the latter on PS2, but they're great, great games, especially Ys Seven.
shwisha
32-bit

Post by shwisha »

SuperDerpBro wrote:LocoRoco

Thanks this looks really unique.
Tecmo Pro - My Tecmo Super Bowl Blog.
shwisha
32-bit

Post by shwisha »

nullPointer wrote:Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles is a must play (IMO) if you're a Castlevania fan (it's a remastered version of Rondo of Blood which also includes unlockable versions of the original PCE version of the game as well as the full game of Symphony of the Night).

I myself recently finished Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions which is a great updated version of the original Final Fantasy Tactics.

LocoRoco is good as Derp pointed out, as are the Papaton games if you're looking for some (somewhat) casual pickup & play titles.

And not for nothing, but the PSP is a relatively easy system to softmod which of course opens up all sorts of portable play options (in the form of emulators and the like).

Big Castlevania fan so I'll definitely be checking The Dracula X Chronicles out.
Tecmo Pro - My Tecmo Super Bowl Blog.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth - if you pick it up used (at least) it's the affordable way to play the first game.

If you enjoyed Peace Walker, then Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops is a decent game. Bit clunkier, but, there's no HD port to systems with a better controller, so the PSP is the only real way to go.
chupon
Next-Gen

Post by chupon »

Tactics Ogre IMO is the system seller.
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad