Good bluetooth keyboard/mouse?

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Good bluetooth keyboard/mouse?

Post by Xeogred »

Anyone have any recommendations for a decent bluetooth keyboard/mouse? I'm not looking for anything fancy at all really. I already have a Logitech set, but the mouse is one of those smaller ones that's a bit more laptop ideal. It's a little awkward for gaming and then I have to adjust to my bigger mouse when I get back on my desk. lol

Just thought I'd ask so I don't run the risk of accidentally buying another set with a tiny mouse.

And are Alkaline batteries immortal? I think I've been using this wireless mouse for... years.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Re: Good bluetooth keyboard/mouse?

Post by Anapan »

I've honestly never had a good Bluetooth mouse, tho I've owned at least 5. I really dislike bluetooth - it uses a lot of power, and coming out of sleep and connecting takes some time which is very annoying, not to mention the limited range... Wireless RF is so much better IMO. The 3 RF wireless mice I've owned were all perfectly responsive and worked great. If your application can use a tiny wireless USB dongle I'd recommend any Logitech wireless mouse. Currently using the MK710.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

I use a logitech wireless trackball M570. I love it because the ball is under the thumb rather than the index, middle, and ring fingers like most trackballs.
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/w ... kball-m570

It's RF, not bluetooth like anapan said.
Technically Bluetooth is a wireless standard that uses radio frequencies, so technically all Bluetooth devices are also inherently RF devices, but I'm just being pedantic here. I know what he meant.

Good responsiveness, and great range. I have used this trackball from the other side of the room to control my laptop connected to my TV set. It works flawlessly.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Hmm, so my mouse has a nano receiver. Is that RF or something? I see the specs for that keyboard/mouse say it lasts for three years, maybe that's what mine have right now.

From googling around I guess they're just really small USB inputs.

This is basically what I have now:
https://amzn.com/B008IL952C
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Yeah, we're using different words, but we're talking about the same thing.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

I have a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Bluetooth mouse that I got for use with my Surface Pro. While it looks like a travel mouse in pictures, it's actually comparable to stuff like a Logitech M100. Not as large as a lot of gaming mice though. Still, they're cheap, common, and pretty solid.

Going with Bluetooth itself can be limiting, as so many wireless peripherals use a dongle - though if you have Bluetooth built in, you can save a USB port, which can be very nice when on a laptop that might only have one or two.

I generally stay with wired peripherals for my PC desktop though. I've got the wireless keyboard and trackpad for my Mac Mini though :lol: I wouldn't recommend them for gaming.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

That trackball up there with the blue ball on it is fantastic, or at least it should be, I had the previous model from some years back when it was red. I've had 2 of those of which the 2nd was picked up used. It's such a space saver and damn is it accurate. It's not so fun trying to do a FPS with it trying to be speedy with the aiming, but other than that (and you could get used to it) it's awesome. I kind of wish I hadn't got rid of it, but the model I had was selling for like $50+ online and I picked it up at a goodwill for like $2. :D :(

I've got a joystick like that too, $5 grab, saw it was a $100 one on ebay paid, but I kept it since it's so smooth for my old flight combat games (Wing Commanders, Tie and XWing games.)

I'd second that track ball if someone were into those entirely.

Nevermind edited out, found a company I trust makes a wicked bluetooth rechargeable battery (lasts 6mo) keyboard for $20 (Anker) on amazon who is their only seller.

Still need to decide on a mouse and if I get one. The one on my PC is breaking down, has for months, randomly stops moving unless I slam it on the pad and the wheel has been jittering for awhile or not pressing as a 3rd button consistently even longer. Logitech M310 seen better days.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

isiolia wrote:I generally stay with wired peripherals for my PC desktop though. I've got the wireless keyboard and trackpad for my Mac Mini though :lol: I wouldn't recommend them for gaming.

I have a fold out tray/table for this wireless setup so I can game on my 50" TV. Turns out the alignment of my chair and the tray connect pretty well too.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I went with the M570 trackball, just as nice as the previous model from quite a few years ago. I missed it, take a little getting used to using a game again in some formats with it, but prefer it for general computer use :D