13%
I don't blog
47%

Total votes: 15

bawitback
64-bit

MySpace

Post by bawitback »

If you ask me, myspace has really gotten out of control. It practically took more popularity then the telephone for many people. I had an account back in 2003, when it was mostly used for bands. But I recently re-created an account to keep in touch with friends. What do you think about it? do you have an account?
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

I hate it. I want the whole stupid fad to go away. It just doesn't make sense to me. When I was in school, you would get your ass kicked if you had a diary. But now, everyone has one, and it's publically viewable. It's crazy. I can't even get some friends to talk with me on the phone anymore. They just wanna chat on myspace instead.

The whole thing is just textual masterbation.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

I use the Blogger platform, but I don't blog in the traditional sense.
It's just a simpler way for m to publish information.
Conn
24-bit

Post by Conn »

racketboy wrote:I use the Blogger platform, but I don't blog in the traditional sense.
It's just a simpler way for m to publish information.

I plan on doing that also, except I'll probably be using LiveJournal- it's more customizable, and most people I know use it.
alexkidd
24-bit

myspace

Post by alexkidd »

I was a myspace hater and got convinced by friends to sign up. I ended up meeting someone who hooked me up with a great job. I had been searching for this type of job for several years and found it in less than a week through myspace networking with other artists. I also met my current girlfriend on there and went out with a few other people who were really cool, just not for me.
So I guess, I'd say while it can be annoying the way some people are obsessed with it, a lot of good can come from it too.
CurulleanCat
32-bit

Re: myspace

Post by CurulleanCat »

walrus12 wrote:I was a myspace hater and got convinced by friends to sign up. I ended up meeting someone who hooked me up with a great job. I had been searching for this type of job for several years and found it in less than a week through myspace networking with other artists. I also met my current girlfriend on there and went out with a few other people who were really cool, just not for me.
So I guess, I'd say while it can be annoying the way some people are obsessed with it, a lot of good can come from it too.

My space is really a big social gathering of people and music. Nothing else really goes on there like gaming stuff from what I can tell.
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

I got a profile on MySpace... I check it when I can... post some blogs here and there with questions about something. Like my recent blog was what they thought was a better car for me to buy... a volvo s40 or Acura TSX.

It's also great to keep in contact with my brothers and other people out of state who I don't talk to on the phone very much.
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
Clockwork
24-bit

Post by Clockwork »

i`m using wordpress for our bandpage. with all the plugins (especially with gallery and pages aso. ...) its the best you can do to bring something out with less time, more time to make music :-)

http://www.projectkatrina.de/ warning: german...
know your roots !!!
Saraph
64-bit

Post by Saraph »

I was sucked into the whole myspace thing last year. I've used to for countless dates, and numerous jobs. It's a great way to keep in touch with family and friends, and I will continue to use it, but I feel that myspace is a bit too overcrowded now so I've begun developing my own site. If you look at my profile I'm a member of a lot of Street Fighter groups.
bawitback
64-bit

Post by bawitback »

Just finished going on a Sega Saturn frenzy, turning my whole myspace profile into a giant JPN Saturn wonderland :lol: