Resident Evil series appreciation thread

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
MrPopo

Re: Resident Evil series appreciation thread

Post by MrPopo »

Yeah, I finally got a good run and managed to take him out. I am not looking forward to doing him again in the Leon B route on Hardcore.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Gotta get dat S+!!!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Gotta get dat S+!!!

Now I'm working towards that Platinum... but I don't know about S+'s! haha, the time requirement looks insane and this is the mode where saves count, pretty sure I'm seeing from all the speedrunners that you can only use a max of 3 saves. I think any Infinite unlocked weapon counts against you too if used. But I know S+ ranks are needed to unlock the Infinite Rocket Launcher and Minigun per character... probably fills in some of the in-game Records too. So it might be tempting...

I didn't touch my Infinite Knife during this Leon B S-rank run, so I'm not sure if those matter here too. But save count doesn't seem to matter for normal S rank.

Don't know if I have the patience for even beating Tofu Survivor though, lol. 4th Survivor / Hunk was brutal enough... but doing that again with Tofu, ugh... :lol:
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

From what I understand S+ requires you to make the S time with 3 or less saves and no infinite weapons other than the infinite knife.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Wooo! Beat Claire A and squeaked in under the time for B rank. Birkin fights 3 and 4 were fairly straightforward; I had 20+ acid rounds for 3 and had about 15 magnum rounds for 4, so it was only a little bit more to put things over the top in each fight. My plan is to do Leon B and then call it a wrap.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Even after you earn all achievements and that S+ rating, there's apparently already an active mod community. Here's a concept that I think looks amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBJJlgdeTQM

Fixed camera angles!
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

If that becomes a full mod I would 100% do another set of playthroughs (Leon A, Claire B).
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Man, Leon B starts off HARD on Hardcore. Took me a few reloads to get going. I did appreciate that you can do the initial police station much faster, since you get a couple of the key items much earlier, and then they don't lock the passage behind you (which was nice to get the Lightning Hawk and it's damage upgrade parts in one go). Birkin 1 was much easier; turns out having the highest damage weapon in the game in time for the first boss fight is a godsend. I'm in the middle of getting the electrical parts now, which should wrap up most of things and on to the next section.

I have to say, Leon B feels like a really incomplete story compared to Claire A. That matches up with my memories of the original (which I also did as a Claire/Leon run). Sherry is integrated into the story better than Ada, in my opinion. Ada mostly is there to snark at you a bit, at least until later in the game.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Someone on Steam has become the hero we all need:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1645817030
Ack

Post by Ack »

MrPopo wrote:Someone on Steam has become the hero we all need:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1645817030

Truly, our savior is found.