32-bit

Re: The Don's Mancave

Post by 01toubib »

Can I come over and play? Please :D
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Wish I had money to do something like this. Someday... lol.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

DonSilvestre wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:I like that the crown molding over your tv makes it look like curtains on a theater stage.

Ugh, really? We can't stand it!

If you cant get rid of it, I would paint it a nice dark red and play it up like it is a stage. But if you can get rid of it, tear it out and burn it.

DonSilvestre wrote:Actually the whole thing that the TV is mounted on to begin with is the weirdest thing we've ever seen. It's a poured concrete wall, but in front of the foundation (our foundation is a block foundation), that was hand molded to LOOK like brick.

Can I get a close up shot of that, thats just sounds like a stupid amount of work for something that is odd.
DonSilvestre
32-bit

Post by DonSilvestre »

fastbilly1 wrote:
DonSilvestre wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:I like that the crown molding over your tv makes it look like curtains on a theater stage.

Ugh, really? We can't stand it!

If you cant get rid of it, I would paint it a nice dark red and play it up like it is a stage. But if you can get rid of it, tear it out and burn it.

DonSilvestre wrote:Actually the whole thing that the TV is mounted on to begin with is the weirdest thing we've ever seen. It's a poured concrete wall, but in front of the foundation (our foundation is a block foundation), that was hand molded to LOOK like brick.

Can I get a close up shot of that, thats just sounds like a stupid amount of work for something that is odd.

I'll try to get a closeup picture of what we have dubbed "the concrete monstrosity" sometime soon. Yeah, it LOOKS like it was a ton of work, we can't imagine why it's there. It looks like maybe there could have been shelving built in, but nobody who's ever come over has had any better hypothesis than that.

Have a couple of other decorations and stuff going up in the next couple days, and I haven't taken a photo of the games up close yet, so I'll update when I have some time.

As I say in the description, pulling down the scalloped crown molding would require ripping down that section of the ceiling, and we don't have replacement tiles, so until we want to replace the whole ceiling, that option is off the table.

Thanks for the additional compliments though dudes! Now I just need to rebuild my SNES and NES collections to make it a true retro paradise.
"Let's attack aggressively." - Sully | The Don's Mancave