Do you guys still have Arcades around you?

Arcade machines -- original or homebrew. Keep emulation topics in the emulation category
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Re: Do you guys still have Arcades around you?

Post by foxhound1022 »

There's a decent arcade about 20 min. from me.

It has a mix of stuff ranging from pinball machines, to fighters like MvC, and UMK lll, a few shmups; 1945+ being one. It also has some classic stuff like Xevious, Donkey Kong and such.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

I go to Stop N Play here. When they first opened in 1983, they were a Florida branch location of the world famous Funspot (in New Hampshire) until 1988. Still there, a few decent old games, 2 60-in-1 cabinets, newer racing games, pinballs that could use a little bit more care, but still a good time. I try and visit once a month, I went there today.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Nyukki
128-bit

Post by Nyukki »

Yeah, I've never seen any pinball machines anywhere where I live. I always try to hunt down a pinball machine when I'm back in the UK. I remember there was a website where you typed in the city and there would be locations of pinball machines, and users would update info on condition and price etc..
Weekend shmupper
Mad_Hatter
128-bit

Post by Mad_Hatter »

I do miss Pin Ball machines. :(
Old Username: sp957

Systems: Genesis, Super Nintendo, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Xbox 360, and Windows PC
Handhelds: Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo DSi, and New Nintendo 3DS

My Trade Thread
Mad_Hatter
128-bit

Post by Mad_Hatter »

Nyukki wrote:Yeah, I've never seen any pinball machines anywhere where I live. I always try to hunt down a pinball machine when I'm back in the UK. I remember there was a website where you typed in the city and there would be locations of pinball machines, and users would update info on condition and price etc..
Interesting.

Anyone know if there is such websites for Arcades or MvC, MK, SF cabinets?
Old Username: sp957

Systems: Genesis, Super Nintendo, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Xbox 360, and Windows PC
Handhelds: Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo DSi, and New Nintendo 3DS

My Trade Thread
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

I have one not terribly far away, ran by DreamTR:
http://gamegalaxyarcade.com/

Sadly it is not on my direct route to work and too far for me to just go to on the weekend.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

fastbilly1 wrote:Sadly it is not on my direct route to work and too far for me to just go to on the weekend.

you just reminded me! I have another small arcade near my work. It's actually got some cool stuff, or at least did when I went for my bday last year. I know they had a Galaga cab, an Alien lightgun game, actually several light gun games including that Sega one... um... is it called like Ghost Squad or something?

Hmm. I'll have to try to get back there sometime.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

If you like lightgun games, Ghost Squad is excellent. It is one of my favorites. Sega in its prime.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

x
fastbilly1 wrote:I have one not terribly far away, ran by DreamTR:
http://gamegalaxyarcade.com/

Sadly it is not on my direct route to work and too far for me to just go to on the weekend.

Stopped in there a few weeks ago and picked up a few dreamcast games. They just seem to have common stuff. Asked the guy working there if the owner ever sold any of his neo geo cabs. I don't see how that place stays in business. The location now has to be better than hickory hollow mall.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

This thread reminds me I should rewrite that article in which I complained about arcades being in terrible shape :lol:

Protip: Most of the machines I complained about are still broken. And plugged in because nothing says "profit" like a machine stuck in its operator menu.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/