Post game-related video clips here
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

Meth + Tetris = this video

by RadarScope1 Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:50 pm

"Amazing skills" is *probably* an understatement here. Wait until the credits start rolling for the most insane part.

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/16751
racketboy
Site Admin

Re: Meth + Tetris = this video

by racketboy Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:05 pm

RadarScope1 wrote:"Amazing skills" is *probably* an understatement here. Wait until the credits start rolling for the most insane part.

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/16751

I've seen another guy (also Japanese) that was just as good, if not better.
Not sure what's up with that credits part though... invisible blocks?
Mucx
8-bit

by Mucx Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:48 pm

No freaking way! I cant even think that fast let alone react to onscreen shapes and move the buttons like that.

Is there some secret to it, like memorising the sequence of blocks that come next (I have noticed in my days playing Tetris that there there seemed to be patterns to how the blocks come)
The Apprentice
128-bit

by The Apprentice Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:02 pm

Whaaaaaaaa???
Hatta wrote:Die Hard Arcade has Deep Scan in it. That's like retro inside retro. They must have heard we liked retro (dawg).
Jrecee wrote:What I like to do is knit little sweaters to put on the games.
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:46 pm

Mucx wrote:No freaking way! I cant even think that fast let alone react to onscreen shapes and move the buttons like that.

Is there some secret to it, like memorising the sequence of blocks that come next (I have noticed in my days playing Tetris that there there seemed to be patterns to how the blocks come)

He watches the "next piece" part of the screen. Combine that with a weird ability to keep track of where you should put certain piece types.
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

by RadarScope1 Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:02 pm

I'm pretty sure it's invisible blocks during the credits. They start out visible and then disappear once they are stacked. (I think).
lordofduct
Next-Gen

by lordofduct Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:49 pm

The only reason I don't like these videos of "grand master" tetris players, is that it's always on the new fandangle Tetris versions.

Notice the differences when you watch the vid.

1 - you can see up to 3 pieces ahead instead of only one like the original tetrises.
2 - there is a visual copy of the tetris piece floating over the place where it would land so you know where it is going.
3 - once it's landed you get a moment afterward to do some alterations to it such as give it one more turn, or slide it over a bit (even up hill)

add in this with the super tight control responses... meh.

I want to see someone do this with the older versions of Tetris (not just the NES version... but any of them from that time)

once I see that, then I'll give the guy a pat on the back! i.e. if you show me a video of a guy on level 31 in the Nintendo produced Tetris for the NES... I'll say wowser!
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:31 pm

I collected some more clips:
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/puzzle/2 ... quate.html

And yeah, LoD, I kinda wondered about that as well. (Although, I'm not see the outlines you're talking about)
Return to Videos