Broodstar’s Game Boy Collection ~updated 23.08.2014~

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
Broodstar
24-bit

Re: Broodstar’s Game Boy Collection ~updated 11.07.2013~

Post by Broodstar »

alienjesus wrote:
Broodstar wrote:Trax, Blues Brothers and Revenge of the Gator added to the collection.
I was hunting for Trax since i started collecting game boy games, more than any other title :)) So the moment i got the game was pretty euphoric to me :D

Trax is one I've been meaning to pick up for a long time, but never really got round to. Let me know how it is.

Revenge of the Gator is awesome 8)

Trax aged very well: the graphics have a distinct look (little chubby tanks that look like piggies), its fun to play and not frustrating (as many gb titles are). Being able to rotate the turret only clockwise gives the game a unique feeling.
I'm so in love with this game that I've started a project: I'm painting one of my game boys in Trax style. Tanks, helicopters, drillers, ugly trees seen from above :))
I Am Fire And Life Incarnate.
My Game Boy collection
Broodstar
24-bit

Re: Broodstar’s Game Boy Collection ~updated 11.07.2013~

Post by Broodstar »

Broodstar wrote:I'm so in love with this game that I've started a project: I'm painting one of my game boys in Trax style. Tanks, helicopters, drillers, ugly trees seen from above :))

As promised, the Trax Game Boy:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=43879&p=784707#p784707
My Game Boy collection
Broodstar
24-bit

Re: Broodstar’s Game Boy Collection ~updated 17.08.2013~

Post by Broodstar »

New stuff added to the collection.
A picture of my customized Game Boy:

Got a few uncommon games for Game Boy:
ImageImageImage

The LotR series of games (i didn't bought the first one because it's awful).
SW ep III has a great game play and Tim Burton and Sega Collection are two uncommon games for GBA.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

I have uploaded a high res picture of my rare and uncommon games and consoles.
Also in the second post i have updated the pictures of my binders and boxes.
My Game Boy collection
GirlGamer55
64-bit

Post by GirlGamer55 »

Wow I didn't even know there was a Nightmare Before Christmas game. Need to look out for that one...I love that movie lol.
Broodstar
24-bit

Post by Broodstar »

GirlGamer55 wrote:Wow I didn't even know there was a Nightmare Before Christmas game. Need to look out for that one...I love that movie lol.

I'm a big fan of Tim Burton's first movies like Nightmare Before Christmas and Corpse Bride.
And The GBA game is actually good, i love it: the music is ok and the graphics are good, but what makes the game special are the little details and nice character animations.

I really hope you will find a copy of the game.
My Game Boy collection
GirlGamer55
64-bit

Post by GirlGamer55 »

Broodstar wrote:
GirlGamer55 wrote:Wow I didn't even know there was a Nightmare Before Christmas game. Need to look out for that one...I love that movie lol.

I'm a big fan of Tim Burton's first movies like Nightmare Before Christmas and Corpse Bride.
And The GBA game is actually good, i love it: the music is ok and the graphics are good, but what makes the game special are the little details and nice character animations.

I really hope you will find a copy of the game.

10 bucks on ebay...eh...i'll keep an eye out next time I go to the flea market.
Broodstar
24-bit

Re: Broodstar’s Game Boy Collection ~updated 23.08.2013~

Post by Broodstar »

I have sold my pokemon games (red, blue and yellow) because they were in french and italian and i wanted to have them in english.
I hope that this will give me a motivation to invest in the english version of those games.

Aaand... new stuff :)
My Game Boy collection
Broodstar
24-bit

Re: Broodstar’s Game Boy Collection ~updated 30.08.2013~

Post by Broodstar »

New GBA games added to the collection.
Road Rash Jailbreak:
F-Zero Maximum Velocity:
F-Zero GP Legend:
The 2003 TMNT made by Konami (there is also a 2007 one made by Ubisoft):
Lady Sia (what a great game!):
Wario Land 4 (to complete the Wario Land collection):
Kirby Nightmare in Dream Land:
Mario vs Donkey Kong:
Prince of Persia the Sands of Time:
My Game Boy collection
GirlGamer55
64-bit

Post by GirlGamer55 »

I just ended up getting some of those card sheets at a yard sale (person was selling off a baseball card collection). I noticed two things right off. One I'll have to get a good binder to hold them all because my old school binder is bursting right now...and two...very hard to get them in and out of the pockets.

Do you have trouble getting them in and out or is it just because the sheets need time to stretch to fit? /insert sex joke here
Broodstar
24-bit

Post by Broodstar »

GirlGamer55 wrote:I just ended up getting some of those card sheets at a yard sale (person was selling off a baseball card collection). I noticed two things right off. One I'll have to get a good binder to hold them all because my old school binder is bursting right now...and two...very hard to get them in and out of the pockets.

Do you have trouble getting them in and out or is it just because the sheets need time to stretch to fit? /insert sex joke here

First, the binder: yes, you need a good strong binder with at least three rings, here is an older picture with one of my binders:
And in the second post of my collection you can also see that the binders are pretty big.
You can get any big binder, made of anything and with only two rings but the thing is that the pages are not well protected.

Second, the pages: I get my games out by squeezing the cart at the bottom and they pop out pretty easy.
Try this and tell me if it works, if not maybe you have different pages that are tighter...
Are they something like this?

Anyway, you are right, the pages will stretch in time and take the form of the cart...

Here is a guide for storing game boy carts with useful pics: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=37626
In the second page you can see some detailed pictures with the pages and how the carts fit in them.

Can't find a proper sex joke, but i like how you think... :)
My Game Boy collection