Breetai's Current setup

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
Breetai
Next-Gen

Breetai's Current setup

Post by Breetai »

Updated December 21 2012

Hey anyone interested. After having a TON of stuff and getting rid of most everything last year (sadly, but it had to be done), I've now got my collection back up to a respectable level. Believe it or not, the vast majority of what I have now was gotten for VERY little. Trading with friends, double "hand me downs" from friends (got SNES FFII, FFIII, Contra III, Super Metroid, TG-16 stuff, and MUCH more like this), and $3 or less games from used shops. I honestly don't think I've paid more than $15 or a game or $20 for a console in 2 years (except for Skyrim). That includes a modded PS1, modded PS2 and modded Saturn (given away on another retro forum). Hard to believe, but there really are tons of deals out there if you are extremely patient and have some REALLY good friends; both locally and also online. For those who I'm referring to; THANK YOU!!!!!

Some of you might be surprised at how little I have, especially if you remember what I was selling to some of you a few years back, but at least I have it organized well and most genres and major consoles are well represented. Really, only the Turbografx-16/PC Engine and Saturn are sorely lacking. I do have all the Saturn stuff I want burnt, so at least I can play it. As for TG16/PCE, I have a lot of the stuff I want downloaded on PSN and/or the Wii (not to mention emulation). There really isn't much that I want that I don't have in one form or another, although I do prefer legit copies of things and also physical vs. downloadable. I do not collection light gun games at all. I don't even have Duck Hunt!

An overview of where my gaming is done. (12/21/2012)

Yes, my TV is a bit small. At least my retro games look GREAT on it. It does have component, so at least I can get some decent picture on it for newer machines. I must be one of the few on here who hasn't bothered much with HDTV. I have played through PS3 games on large HDTVs (mostly Skyrim recently), but I really don't see the need to upgrade now. Most of my gaming is retro stuff.
*update: I now also have a 46" Sony Wega HD rear projector. It looks very nice with retro games. I have a small 12" TV under it for RF stuff (the big TV won't do channel 96 for JP stuff).

Here are my TV consoles (portables are on the games' shelving).
They are in the icons in my signature, for anyone really curious. My PS1, PS2, X-Box and Saturn all have modchips. I have a PAR4in1 for my Saturn for imports/memory/RAM expansion. My SNES, N64 and 32X all have tabs broken off so I can play JP games on them. I did the 32X because you can't really tell it's been done as easily as on a model 2 Genesis. My Wii and PS3 are kind of hidden behind the TV, sitting on the window ledge. Only the PS3 and Wii are always hooked up. The rest are just hooked up as needed.

My cute little TV (that does have component input), and the little steering wheel game and V.Smile for mini-me-ette e to play with.

Here are the game shelves:

Well, hopefully some of you enjoyed seeing and reading about what I currently have. :)
Last edited by Breetai on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Re: Breetai's Current setup

Post by s1mplehumar »

Great stuff man. Your rebuilding efforts are nothing to sneeze at. I really dig those Genesis spines!

I'll never forget the killer V-Saturn bundle you sold me a couple years back. :wink:
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

s1mplehumar wrote:Great stuff man. Your rebuilding efforts are nothing to sneeze at. I really dig those Genesis spines!

I'll never forget the killer V-Saturn bundle you sold me a couple years back. :wink:

Was it a model 1 or 2 V-Saturn? I sold a few of both to various people. I just love the look of both, especially the model 1. Two-tone FTW! I know I sold a bunch of Saturns with a 8-12 games for like $100-125 each. I WISH I could get that kind of deal for myself now! The games I included were easy to find for dirt cheap in Japan... but now I really wish I could find those games so cheap again. With the extra profit guys in Japan make (and I do agree with them making a bit on the side) and the shipping, I am sad I can't find stuff so cheap anymore! Finding Street Fighter Zero 2 for $1-3 was common. Now... it's $20-35 for a CIB US version. Yikes!

Thanks, by the way. Glad to know someone else things my grid pattern Genny spines were a good idea. Red looks so terrible on Genesis spines to me. I need to redo the spines for Arrow Flash and Gaiares. It's too hard to read the writing on the side I think.
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

Breetai wrote:
s1mplehumar wrote:Great stuff man. Your rebuilding efforts are nothing to sneeze at. I really dig those Genesis spines!

Was it a model 1 or 2 V-Saturn? I sold a few of both to various people. I just love the look of both, especially the model 1. Two-tone FTW!

Thanks, by the way. Glad to know someone else things my grid pattern Genny spines were a good idea. Red looks so terrible on Genesis spines to me.

Model 2. I thought only the model 2 was two-tone? Anywho, I've never owned a Model 1 Victor.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Very clean - I like it, a lot.

Love the way you have yr snes carts - very cool.

Clean lines, organized wiring, always the way to go. Nice pics and gameroom.
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

s1mplehumar wrote:Model 2. I thought only the model 2 was two-tone? Anywho, I've never owned a Model 1 Victor.

Here's a model 1 JVC Saturn lot I sold. Not sure if someone from RB bought it or not.

Two-tone!
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

mjmjr25 wrote:Very clean - I like it, a lot.

Love the way you have yr snes carts - very cool.

Clean lines, organized wiring, always the way to go. Nice pics and gameroom.

Yeah, thanks! My NES carts were like that, until I got enough to fill rows completely. I guess I could display them on an angle, but then I'd loose stuffed animal space! I do like the angled look, though. Too bad it's hard to pull off with N64 carts.
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

Nice crystal Oxbox. Everything is very neat and organized. Liking the SNES cart display.
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Post by Hazerd »

Love your setup! :shock:
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Seriously nice stuff!
Last edited by o.pwuaioc on Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.